By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Standalone X1 Kinect to retail for $149 from October 6

jlmurph2 said:
Xevross said:

That is a rip off if I ever saw one, pay $50 extra if you pick up kinect later

Isn't that the point of all bundles? Together they cost less than buying seperately. Its pretty common. 

It is but considering the kinect bundle was the original SKU, it was never created to be a bundle so its not priced that way, it is a bad deal. $50 exra is a lot as well. Usually a bundle with an accessory wouldn't save you that much. Plus, as someone pointed out, the kinect does cost them less than $100 to make so they are selling this super high to get lots of profit. It seems they aren't bothered about sales of kinect too much

Around the Network
vivster said:
I don't know if this is greed or a clever trick to make people buy the bundle.

It just same as 360 Kinect price when it launched at 2010

Baalzamon said:
vivster said:
Baalzamon said:
Absolutely amazing considering people seriously thought the Kinect cost almost as much to make as the Xbox One itself.

I have never seen anyone making this claim. In fact it was revealed a long time ago that production cost for Kinect is around $75.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-07-15-kinect-costs-almost-as-much-as-xbox-one-to-make-says-dev

I've seen numerous people acting like this was a given fact.

So that was either a blatant lie or the X1 could be a lot cheaper.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Xevross said:
jlmurph2 said:
Xevross said:

That is a rip off if I ever saw one, pay $50 extra if you pick up kinect later

Isn't that the point of all bundles? Together they cost less than buying seperately. Its pretty common. 

It is but considering the kinect bundle was the original SKU, it was never created to be a bundle so its not priced that way, it is a bad deal. $50 exra is a lot as well. Usually a bundle with an accessory wouldn't save you that much. Plus, as someone pointed out, the kinect does cost them less than $100 to make so they are selling this super high to get lots of profit. It seems they aren't bothered about sales of kinect too much

Not for 360,since 2010

vivster said:

or the X1 could be a lot cheaper.

lol, $150 X1's for the holiday season!!!

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

Around the Network

I doubt it will sell well at that price.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

sounds like a lot of money though they need to have it cost significantly more than $100 so that if people want it, they'd be more likely to buy the bundled one.

vivster said:
Baalzamon said:
Absolutely amazing considering people seriously thought the Kinect cost almost as much to make as the Xbox One itself.

I have never seen anyone making this claim. In fact it was revealed a long time ago that production cost for Kinect is around $75.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-07-15-kinect-costs-almost-as-much-as-xbox-one-to-make-says-dev
He probably meant the whole development, not just the actual construction of the finished product.

The timing is ideal as it leads well into the holiday season in the US and other countries, making the add-on an excellent gift for those who already own an Xbox One without the next-gen accessory.
Perfect if you like the look of disappointment on the receiver. They're going for $50 on Ebay, $70 buy it now.

Is anybody here gonna buy this? XD

I wonder what the breakdown is between Xbox Ones sold with and without Kinect has been since they have offered the SKU without Kinect. I am probably a minority but I love my Kinect for voice commands. I get kind of upset when an app doesn't support voice commands.