By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What would make you buy the other consoles?

Probably nothing, one console is more than enough for my gaming "needs".

Maybe a game like Dark Souls or Final Fantasy being exclusive to other console would make me consider it.

Around the Network

I'm only going to pay for, at most, one online service. As I already have a PS3 and PSV with PS+ I'm already kind of locked into buying a PS4 so that would really make me rule out getting an XBO.

The biggest factor so far in me not even considering an XBO is because the exclusive titles that it's had and that I was mostly interested in are on or coming to PC as well.

Wii U I will probably purchase towards the end of it's life cycle like I did with the Wii. I'm not interested in it's online capabilities much so won't mind missing out on active games. Rather just have a great library and a cheap console.

PS4's exclusives so far have been mediocre to my tastes but that will change as time goes on. I plan to buy a PS4 in the coming weeks for Destiny

Wii U: Main line Zelda as always

X1: Just to be alot cheaper, too much overlap with PS4 means no point till its a lot cheaper to hoover up the cool exclusives.

Nothing would make me buy any of them, because none of them have Kororinpa.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

I'd argue that Miiverse provides the most complete, engaging, and community-oriented social platform on any 8th gen system.

As to your question: I already have everything but Xbox One and Ouya. I'll probably get an Xbox One when it gets a critical mass of must-have exclusives. Right now a lot of its games can be played on PS4, PC, and X360, all of which I own.

As for Ouya, I don't believe I will buy one.

Around the Network

PS4: Money in my pocket and Uncharted 4
Xbox One: Money in my pocket and Sunset Overdrive

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Money delivered at my doorstep.

Though, i already co-own a Wii U, so it would only be good for the X1.

Probably nothing short of a gun pointed at my head.

ps3-sales! said:

Just curious. For those who own just 1 next gen console, what would make you buy the others???

Xbox One :

- smaller, sleeker hardware

-no kinect

-cheaper price

Wii U :

- no gamepad (very crucial)

- better social aspect (online)

- cheaper price (because of no gamepad)

PS4:

-More money

Xbone:

-More money

I really don't have the money to blow on three consoles PLUS three consoles worth of software.

Both - Free online. Cheaper price.