By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What would make you buy the other consoles?

X1 when it gets good exclusives not on PC and a cheaper price
PS4 when the exclusives get better and there's more of them and maybe when it's knocked down $100

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

RIP Iwata 12/6/1959-7/11/2015

Thanks for all the great memories!

Around the Network

I've always been more about the games than the platforms. I have bought every console system since the Nes/Master system. The only one out of the set I haven't bought is the Xbox one, and this is due to from Day one they decided on a direction I did not agree with. Once they changed this direction they have every month either insulted my intelligence with things like the 1080 thing and TV-distance charts. Now they are saying 1080p is king at all cost, even if it hits frame rate. Then onto the whole Tomb raider debacle. So it has left me going from a definite buyer sometime this year to not trusting a word anyone from Microsoft says and I'll probably never get an XB1 now. Luckily there is very not very much out that doesn't come to PC anyway, so I'm not overly missing out.

I realized a while ago that I was actually a multiconsole owner from my first gen up til now. Had a Genesis and SNES. Had a PS1 and N64. Had a Dreamcast and PS2. Had an Xbox 360 and PS3. Now I have a PS4, so it follows that I'd get an XBone at some point.

Thing is, in gen 4 and 5, my parents bought my consoles. Gen 6, parents still bought the PS2 but I bought the Dreamcast (it was going out of production. $50 was easy money). PS3 I "worked" for. I put quotes around around "worked" because I had it bought for me then paid it off doing odd jobs, because I wouldn't have saved up $400 otherwise.

Now....considering that I technically earned that PS3, the reason I got the 360 was that I came upon $200 as a so-called gift. So I traded a few games (MGS4 amongst them and had released earlier that year) and scored a 360.

I bought my PS4 up front, outright. Again, earned that one. Unless the XBone has some of the most compelling games ever, it'd have to be a repeat situation as the 360: me randomly coming into some money. I probably wouldn't have gotten a 360, otherwise, last gen. And I'm not going to "earn" an XBone when it's gonna share the multiplats and it's exclusives aren't as appealing to me....right now

Sega buying microsoft and nintendo.

First, there need to be some 3rd party games I'm actually looking forward to. So far, the only thing we've seen that looks interesting to me is the new Silent Hill. Even MGS5 isn't enough yet. If a new, traditional, Resident Evil game shows up, a brand new Street Fighter, trilogy collections of Bioshock and Uncharted (1080p/60fps), and hopefully some awesome, completely unforeseen game that takes me by surprise - then I'll start to get excited about this gen regarding the PS4/One.

At that point, it simply becomes a matter of the price being $299 and PS4 having Uncharted, which we know is coming. I don't really see XB1 getting my attention unless the things described above are exclusive (not likely), or if they surprise me with a new Banjo Kazooie and Blast Corps that look every bit as good gameplay-wise as their N64 predecessors.

Around the Network

Im sure you haven´t tried the Gamepad.

mZuzek said:
If No Man's Sky was a PS4 exclusive it would be a massive first step towards making me want to get it. From then, probably a price drop and a few other interesting games would make me try to buy it.

As it stands, though, there's hardly anything that makes me interested in buying it (or the Xbox One for that matter).

This! No Man's Sky will be my reason to go PS4. and RDR. and racing games as there are so few of them on Wii U.

Xbox One is harder, Project Spark was tempting once but not so much anymore. Kinect was intriguing also but lost much of its allure -no Kinect games either.

XBone: A new Banjo Kazooie
PS4: Nothing, i will never buy it.

If any other console gets all multiplatform games to become exclusive to their console.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Wii-U? Just a slightly higher income. Xb1? Frankly, nothing. At present and for the foreseeable future, I simply see more value in upgrading my PC, or building a new one. Just feels like most of MS' games hit PC, and for those that don't, Steam has thousands to make up for it. Plus, I couldn't miss games like Stalker or Arma.