PSOne 33 15.28%

PS2 12 5.56%

Master System 12 5.56%

Genesis 13 6.02%

Gameboy 19 8.80%

Other Handheld 7 3.24%

Other Home Console 33 15.28%

Total:215

My first console was the Nintendo 64, an amazing system if I may say so.

However I didnt buy my N64, nor was it given to me. No I was lucky enough to win it in a competition. The NBL (Australia's National Basketall League) were running a competition to win a Nintendo 64 with a copy of NBA Courtside. My dad entered me into the comp one weekend while we were watching a match, the next week we tuned into a match and the winners were announced. I was one of the winners, we couldnt believe it. Heres where the story goes away from what you would expect though. A week or so later the console arrived but we never opened it. A few days later my mum gave it away to our cousin. I never got to play my new N64, well not unless I was visiting my cousin. But it didnt matter. My older brother too won a Nintendo 64 in the same competition, I swear my family never has luck like that. Anyway been gaming since, cant think of a better first console either seeing as we had 4 kids in the family and a bunch of friends over all the time. It was the best console for 4 player multiplayer but also had some excellent single player games like OoT and SM64.

So what was your first console and how did you obtain it?? Did you save up money working over the summer, was it a christmas present or maybe you stole it while you were at some rich kids party

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Nice story, your family was really lucky

The first console I played was a Sega Megadrive, the first I owned though was a PlayStation which I got as an xmas present

Yeah the first gaming console I played was a PS1 which my dad bought the day he got his credit card -_- He dosent think things through too often. I was too young to really remember much of the PS1 though and we didnt have it for very long.

My first console was the SNES back in '96! Nintendo consoles weren't very common in Romania in the late 90s, so my dad had to buy one from another country! I think it was France!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

My cousin let me borrow his SNES for a couple years. He had a true treasure trove of games to let us borrow:
Final Fantasy II
DKC
Super Mario All Stars
Super Mario World
Mario Kart
Pilotwings
Zelda: LTTP

That along with 486 gave a great intro to gaming.

I saved for months to buy a Playstation -- ONLY to change my mind last minute and get an N64!
Got Goldeneye, Banjo Kazooie, and Ocarina of time the day I got the N64. That's a lineup I think is pretty hard to beat!

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

The Atari 2600 - loved me some dig dug and pitfall - Followed by the NES package with R.O.B. and the gun. I think I still have R.O.B. upstairs somewhere and the NES still works. Both were Christmas presents.

Around the Network

My Dad had a SNES at his work for me and my sis to play when we were there. He had Super Mario World (which I beat like 50 times), Super Castlevania 4 (I was too stupid to get past the first 5 minutes) and some weird soccer game I think (which I played like once).

First console? GameCube for life! (Seriously, it still works and I plan on getting extra controllers for it soon.)

It was dumped in us by our uncle after his game rental business suffered a lack of GameCube-related demand. It fame with Starfox Adventures, Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, and NBA Live 2004. All the way back in 2005. *sheds a tear*

My brother 100%-ed Live 2004 a few years back.
We finished Starfox Adventures two years ago. *sheds a tear*
I still play Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, and to this day, I know of a nice little glitch that no one else talks about. *sheds waterfall of tears*

It's the reason I'm a Nintendo gamer through and through. (Though, I ignored my Gameboy Micro and our DS for a while because of the PSP.)

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

My mom used to spend a lot of time at arcades when she was a kid. Her favorite game was Donkey Kong, so one Xmas my dad decided to get her a SNES DKC bundle, and thus bore my unhealthy gaming addition.

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

TheWPCTraveler said:
First console? GameCube for life! (Seriously, it still works and I plan on getting extra controllers for it soon.)

It was dumped in us by our uncle after his game rental business suffered a lack of GameCube-related demand. It fame with Starfox Adventures, Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, and NBA Live 2004. All the way back in 2005. *sheds a tear*

My brother 100%-ed Live 2004 a few years back.
We finished Starfox Adventures two years ago. *sheds a tear*
I still play Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, and to this day, I know of a nice little glitch that no one else talks about. *sheds waterfall of tears*

It's the reason I'm a Nintendo gamer through and through. (Though, I ignored my Gameboy Micro and our DS for a while because of the PSP.)

Haha I see we have a youngin over here.

I never have owned a GCN, its the one retro console I want to go buy the most right now but games for it here are expensive =(

I also never had a PSP =(  PSP and DS were both amazing handhelds. No generation will come close to them, especially now that we are in the smartphone age

My parents were kinda poor. Also, i was in Brazil (still am) when Brazil was a really lousy place in terms of economy and inflation.
So, I had a PHANTOM SYSTEM, which is a NES clone.

My parents gave me pirated games as gifts like 2 times a year till I was 13. From this time on I could work and started to buy them myself.
Ghostbusters was my first game. My favorite was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3, which we called Turtles 3.
Also, I remember liking Ariel, the Little Mermaid NES game... Again, I was 10 years old...

I do not buy pirated games anymore, it was when I was a kid.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.