By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - First heartbreak

NotStan said

She also wants to be friends with me and it was the case of "It's not you, it's me". But I know it was me AND her. And I know full well a friendship wouldn't cut it either, because whilst we're still friends we won't be able to move onto serious relationships with our somewhat brief - yet long history together, and it would just create a vicious cycle.

Ow don't be bothered by that "still friends" stuff.. Most of the time the"friendship" dies out quickly like a 10 inch gapping hole in your back..

I see them maybe once or twice a year (now i do have a lot of ex gfs so i see one every 2 to 3 weeks) 

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network
NiKKoM said:
NotStan said

She also wants to be friends with me and it was the case of "It's not you, it's me". But I know it was me AND her. And I know full well a friendship wouldn't cut it either, because whilst we're still friends we won't be able to move onto serious relationships with our somewhat brief - yet long history together, and it would just create a vicious cycle.

Ow don't be bothered by that "still friends" stuff.. Most of the time the"friendship" dies out quickly like a 10 inch gapping hole in your back..

I see them maybe once or twice a year (now i do have a lot of ex gfs so i see one every 2 to 3 weeks) 

Her saying she wants to "still be friends" is just her being polite in the circumstances. It helps her relieve some of her guilt that way...

Don't fall for it. Cut her out of your life right away and don't look back. I know it's hard. And the pain, man... I know. But nothing good will come from clinging to her or the past you shared with her. 

Hynad said:
NiKKoM said:

Her saying she wants to "still be friends" is just her being polite in the circumstances. It helps her relieve some of her guilt that way...

Don't fall for it. Cut her out of your life right away and don't look back. I know it's hard. And the pain, man... I know. But nothing good will come from clinging to her or the past you shared with her. 

Sssstt.. He hasn't learned yet that we guys also tend to say it when we want to break up... Breaking hearts and then using easy ways to get out isn't female exclusive..

NiKKoM said:
Hynad said:
NiKKoM said:

Sssstt.. He hasn't learned yet that we guys also tend to say it when we want to break up... Breaking hearts and then using easy ways to get out isn't female exclusive..

I didn't mean to imply that only girls do that. I was just explaining things from the perspective he's from. =P

Well I did forget to mention she still speaks to her ex etc, so that kinda made things worse considering what happened before we got together was still nagging at me, so you know that sort of created this paranoia which I do NOT want another guy having to go through.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

Around the Network

I do feel bit tricked by myself too, I really yearned to be single whilst in a relationship, and now I miss it. Man's brain is one fucking complex thing.

NotStan said:
Well I did forget to mention she still speaks to her ex etc, so that kinda made things worse considering what happened before we got together was still nagging at me, so you know that sort of created this paranoia which I do NOT want another guy having to go through.

While its very nice and considering to the next guy.. Anyone with a slight bit of confidence wouldn't be bothered by her baggage she has.. We all have baggage at a certain age, some more then other but there is no need to go through all of it.. Also pretty telling that you're not ready yet to move on: you're thinking of the next guy for her but not the next girl for yourself and what it would do to her if you still spoke to your ex.. Give it time..

NiKKoM said:
NotStan said:

While its very nice and considering to the next guy.. Anyone with a slight bit of confidence wouldn't be bothered by her baggage she has.. We all have baggage at a certain age, some more then other but there is no need to go through all of it.. Also pretty telling that you're not ready yet to move on: you're thinking of the next guy for her but not the next girl for yourself and what it would do to her if you still spoke to your ex.. Give it time..

Well that's the problem I guess. My confidence is in tatters now. As you said time will allow me to move on and with something like 3 billion women, there is bound to be one for me, plenty of fish in the sea, no point going all mosby about it

It sounds like you two did make the right decision, based on your story. Give it some time, it's very normal to be sad for a while after such a dramatic even/change in your life. You will get over it eventually if you give it time and find yourself something to do. Also, listen to Nikkom!

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

It's your first love,it fucking sucks and it wont get better soon. But it will fade with time and you will find someone way better for you. That someone will make you forget about this heartbreak. Keep your head up.