By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why didn't sony use the same plan with the vita as they had with the psp?

Most handheld versions give the brand a bad name in comparison with the console version.. in a time like this with a very competitive AAA industry no one is gonna risk that.. not like any western studio still makes handheld games..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

Because of too much Console experiences on a portable.

"Why bother with the Vita when I can have the same experience, or even better, on the PS3?"
That's what happened.

Of course, I don't have a PS3, so I'm going to end up having a Vita one way or another.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

NiKKoM said:

Most handheld versions give the brand a bad name in comparison with the console version.. in a time like this with a very competitive AAA industry no one is gonna risk that.. not like any western studio still makes handheld games..

Did GTA:vice city or GTA:liberty city giva a bad name to the GTA series? No, they did not. Did Ray man legends stand up bad to its console counterparts when it was ported to the PS Vita? No, it did not. Publishers who make bad portable ports hurt their brand name these include Fifa and Borderlands 2. If a company does not take dueveloping games seriously for a handheld than it should hurt that brand.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Sony didn't screw up the Vita at all. They made an amazing handheld and it has tons of great games. My backlog on it is so big I don't think I'll ever get to all the games I want on it. The only problem is, for some reason, most people either aren't interested in it or just don't realize how much it has to offer and therefore aren't buying it. Is Sony supposed to keep spending money to acquire huge AAA titles when the masses have made it quite clear they're not interested? 

People keep blaming Sony, but looking more closely it isn't their fault.

Around the Network
maximus22 said:

Sony didn't screw up the Vita at all. They made an amazing handheld and it has tons of great games. My backlog on it is so big I don't think I'll ever get to all the games I want on it. The only problem is, for some reason, most people either aren't interested in it or just don't realize how much it has to offer and therefore aren't buying it. Is Sony supposed to keep spending money to acquire huge AAA titles when the masses have made it quite clear they're not interested? 

People keep blaming Sony, but looking more closely it isn't their fault.

By any chance is that backlog of games mainly made up of indie title with a few AA games sprinkled here and their which make you think that you have an amazing  collection. If the masses are so not intrested then tell me why most of the top 10 selling ps vita games are AAA games. 

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Hmm, idk why Sony gave up on the vita tbh... Sure, it wasn't selling that great but that doesn't mean it was too late back then. I mean, the 3ds got countlessly criticized for having the 3d as a gimmick, for its weak power, for its sales being way under the DS, and for people moving towards mobile but that didn't stop Nintendo for giving it their all and making it a success so why didn't sony? Heck, Sony even acts like they dont even know the product or they dont know how to present it. Is its own gaming device? Ps4 accessory? Psnow device? So sad really

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I don't know why people don't want to accept that what make PSP popular is playing Playstation most popular IP on it,look at best selling PSP and PSV games they are all console like games why it's not Loco roco or Patapon or Tearaway the best selling PSP and Vita games?It's because people are not interested by those games.
Majority of people i show them indies games on my Vita said to me how could you buy shitty games like that.
People who want indies had PC and smartphones to play indies.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Price and Memory Cards. Sony was concern with preventing hacking gimped the systems competitiveness, Sony gave up advertising it now, because they want to focus on their successes, and making the PSTV one.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Make it $129.99.. sell it bundled with PS4's for $499... It will have a better life as a PS4 remote play machine and a PS NOW device.

I actually want this because it will continue the CROSS BUY and remote play support for more games.

XBLive: cpg716     PSN ID: cpg716  Steam: Luv4Tech77

Predictions on 12/01/15 - Generation 8 Totals:

PS4: 85-95m
X1: 55-65m
WiiU: 20-30m