By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What We Know: Sony, MSFT, Nintendo 1st Party, Owned Ip, and Published

JayWood2010 said:
Clyde32 said:
JayWood2010 said:

You should make this into a full-fledged official thread. 

WHat you mean?  Change the title? Or you mean by updating?

You'd have to ask a mod to do it. Im not familiar with the process.

Around the Network
The_Yoda said:
PlayMatt said:
You forgot Rime on PS list

From what I know, Nintendo doesn't own Bayonetta IP

Sega owns it don't they?

That's right.

Nintendo's publishing it, same as Sonic Boom.

JayWood2010 said:
You can post now :)

on third party for Sony you forgot Rime.

for Sony 1st party: Until dawn

Side note: Since you mentioned what projects were new IPs in the MS list, I'd just like to point out that at least Guerilla Games and Media Molecules projects are new IPs

Teeqoz said:
JayWood2010 said:
You can post now :)

on third party for Sony you forgot Rime.

for Sony 1st party: Until dawn

Side note: Since you mentioned what projects were new IPs in the MS list, I'd just like to point out that at least Guerilla Games and Media Molecules projects are new IPs

Your side note is a good point. c:

And Rime isn't third-party; it's second-party. 

"Soho Productions
Apps

Big Park Studios
Apps"

Stuff like this absolutely needs to be removed from the list. It's just bloating, since they aren't games.

After all, Nintendo have some app devs, and Sony have a bunch of them. Yet they're totally missing from your list.

Let's delete things like that and keep it to games. c:

Around the Network
Zackasaurus-rex said:
"Soho Productions
Apps

Big Park Studios
Apps"

Stuff like this absolutely needs to be removed from the list. It's just bloating, since they aren't games.

After all, Nintendo have some app devs, and Sony have a bunch of them. Yet they're totally missing from your list.

They work on games as well.  If theyre working on games, we just dont know it at the moment.  Im posting what studios are up to and that is what theyre up to. With that said, im absolutely certain i have all Sony studios.  Nintendo studios has been a litttle more difficult so if you can point me to what studio im missing then ill list it.

On the Sony side there is also Shadow of the Beast by Heavy Spectrum in co-development with Xdev.

Also Giant Sparow (Unfinished Swan guy's) while not confirmed are heavily rumored to be doing another game for sony.

And then there is Novarama (the Invizimal studio) i'm not sure if they are sony owned or not but they are considered a 1st party studio according to wikipedia.

JayWood2010 said:
Zackasaurus-rex said:
"Soho Productions
Apps

Big Park Studios
Apps"

They work on games as well.  If theyre working on games, we just dont know it at the moment.  Im posting what studios are up to and that is what theyre up to. With that said, im absolutely certain i have all Sony studios.  Nintendo studios has been a litttle more difficult so if you can point me to what studio im missing then ill list it.

Fair enough.

But you're definitely not done with Sony, either. I'm a bit tired right now, but I'll put some thought into it. Huiii's post right above mine is a good example of missing studios, though.

As for Nintendo, their naming/setup is weird, but you've pretty much nailed it.

EDIT: I do think Rise of the Tomb Raider needs to be ommitted... As far as I'm aware, Microsoft aren't doing the actual publishing. That is still Square-Enix's published game. And then they'll be able to publish it again for PS4, PS3, and PC after the timed exclusivity ends. :P

EDIT II: Tricky Pixels and Armature Studios are developing Journey and The Unfinished Swan for PS4 (and the latter for Vita as well...). I suppose those belong on there.

EDIT III: Yeah, Rise of the Tomb Raider has to go. I just checked, and Square Enix are doing the publishing themselves. Microsoft are doing the advertising for the timed window.

Great thread! I love seeing this kind of things, gets me a feel of what everyone is doing :P You should make this a permanent thread and update it with every new announcement

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

You forgot Devil's third on third party Nintendo. Though its technicly second, but i dont think they own the IP.