By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - "The Last of Us 10 million sold". when will sony announce it? will it ever happen?

HEMSTAR said:
DerNebel said:
Yup, it should hit it, when depends on when Sony decides to bundle the Remaster, I guess.

Just imagine when TLOU 2 comes out, I really wanna see how that sells, I can imagine that having the highest first week sales of a first party Sony title ever.

Do you know what game is the highest at the moment?

Gran Turismo 5 I suppose, though Gran Turismo 4 would have probably been higher had it released simultaneously worldwide.

GT5 sold 2,385,184 first week according to Vgchartz.

Last of Us sold 1,319,206 first week on PS3 and 607,060 on PS4, both without Japan, which in the PS3 versions case added another 122,349, all those numbers are without digital, though I'm not sure if full games were available digital on PS3 back when GT5 released.

So if TLOU 2 releases simultaneously worldwide then I can easily see it beating GT5s first week number.

Around the Network

It should happen but I don't think they will announce it.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

I think TLOU will hit 10 million by the end of October. It will definitely hit that milestone by holidays.

MoHasanie said:
It should happen but I don't think they will announce it.

They might announce a number when they announce the sequel.

ktay95 said:
HEMSTAR said:
bananaking21 said:
HEMSTAR said:
It'll probably hit it, great success for a new ip.

i dont think any sony exclusive other than gran turismo has hit 10 million sold.

Yea GT is the only 10mil seller. I think Uncharted 2 is their biggest game after GT and that managed around 6.5mil i think. But TLoU surpassed that with a single game so that is pretty amazing.

Crash Trilogy on PS1 would be their next biggest franchise, sucks they no longer own it

Pos Game Platform Year Genre Publisher North America Europe Japan Rest of World Global
1 Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back PS 1997 Platform Sony Computer Entertainment 3.78 2.17 1.31 0.31 7.58
2 Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped PS 1998 Platform Sony Computer Entertainment 3.68 1.75 1.42 0.28 7.13
3 Crash Bandicoot PS 1996 Platform Sony Computer Entertainment 3.23 2.35 0.94 0.30 6.82

Sony never owned the Crash IP, Universal did.

Around the Network

I think TLoU can achieve 10 Million in sales before the end of the year. That means we are going to most likely see a sequel!

DerNebel said:
HEMSTAR said:
DerNebel said:
Yup, it should hit it, when depends on when Sony decides to bundle the Remaster, I guess.

Just imagine when TLOU 2 comes out, I really wanna see how that sells, I can imagine that having the highest first week sales of a first party Sony title ever.

Do you know what game is the highest at the moment?

Gran Turismo 5 I suppose, though Gran Turismo 4 would have probably been higher had it released simultaneously worldwide.

GT5 sold 2,385,184 first week according to Vgchartz.

Last of Us sold 1,319,206 first week on PS3 and 607,060 on PS4, both without Japan, which in the PS3 versions case added another 122,349, all those numbers are without digital, though I'm not sure if full games were available digital on PS3 back when GT5 released.

So if TLOU 2 releases simultaneously worldwide then I can easily see it beating GT5s first week number.

I thought it would be GT5 :D I wouldn't say the TLOU2 would beat it easily but it has a good shot, that's if it ever releases.

Of course will happen.
Probabily between end of 2014 and starting 2015.

sometime next year, I'm guessing fall.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

HEMSTAR said:
bananaking21 said:
HEMSTAR said:
It'll probably hit it, great success for a new ip.

i dont think any sony exclusive other than gran turismo has hit 10 million sold.

Yea GT is the only 10mil seller. I think Uncharted 2 is their biggest game after GT and that managed around 6.5mil i think. But TLoU surpassed that with a single game so that is pretty amazing.

the uncharted franchise is pretty much confirmed to be undertracked though. most likely the biggest undertracking is with UC3 too.