By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - "The Last of Us 10 million sold". when will sony announce it? will it ever happen?

November 2014 I guess.

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
HEMSTAR said:
It'll probably hit it, great success for a new ip.

i dont think any sony exclusive other than gran turismo has hit 10 million sold.

Yea GT is the only 10mil seller. I think Uncharted 2 is their biggest game after GT and that managed around 6.5mil i think. But TLoU surpassed that with a single game so that is pretty amazing.

Biggest new IP in years! Right next to Wii Sports! Congratulations!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

DerNebel said:
Yup, it should hit it, when depends on when Sony decides to bundle the Remaster, I guess.

Just imagine when TLOU 2 comes out, I really wanna see how that sells, I can imagine that having the highest first week sales of a first party Sony title ever.

Do you know what game is the highest at the moment?

No problem! It'll be quite easy.

Around the Network

Come on they will never hit 10 million. TLOU just sold 4.86 million on the Ps3.

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/70350/the-last-of-us/

HEMSTAR said:
bananaking21 said:
HEMSTAR said:

i dont think any sony exclusive other than gran turismo has hit 10 million sold.

Yea GT is the only 10mil seller. I think Uncharted 2 is their biggest game after GT and that managed around 6.5mil i think. But TLoU surpassed that with a single game so that is pretty amazing.

Crash Trilogy on PS1 would be their next biggest franchise, sucks they no longer own it

Pos Game Platform Year Genre Publisher North America Europe Japan Rest of World Global
1 Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back PS 1997 Platform Sony Computer Entertainment 3.78 2.17 1.31 0.31 7.58
2 Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped PS 1998 Platform Sony Computer Entertainment 3.68 1.75 1.42 0.28 7.13
3 Crash Bandicoot PS 1996 Platform Sony Computer Entertainment 3.23 2.35 0.94 0.30 6.82

HEMSTAR said:
bananaking21 said:
HEMSTAR said:

The first God of War has sold around 8 million (VGC over PS2, PS3 (collection) and Vita (collection)) and with digital numbers it might be around 9 million. Same goes for the second God of War. Uncharted 3 just surpassed Uncharted 2 but the difference is in hundreds. 6.5 VGC so that means that both games probably sold 7 to 7.5 each including those digital sales (not PSplus). 

And if you count those 5 - 10 euro ps one sales on the psn store than Crash Bandicoot 2 might be around 8 or 9 million (considering that VGC has it at 7.6 and that game has always been at the top 10 or so with those ps one classics)

If you just had some way to track digital sales. That would give some interesting results. For PS4 saying that 20% of a well promoted or priced AAA game is a reasonable estimate I think. PS3 is more difficult to guess. 

The Last of US is now at around 9 million so I think it will reach 10 at the end of November. Will probably do around 9 LT on PS3 and 3.5 LT on PS4

Stories unfolded with my home made rap songs. Feel free to listen here with lyrics: https://youtu.be/vyT9PbK5_T0

And that 800k in two weeks +digital probably already near 1m...

ktay95 said:

Crash Trilogy on PS1 would be their next biggest franchise, sucks they no longer own it

Pos Game Platform Year Genre Publisher North America Europe Japan Rest of World Global
1 Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back PS 1997 Platform Sony Computer Entertainment 3.78 2.17 1.31 0.31 7.58
2 Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped PS 1998 Platform Sony Computer Entertainment 3.68 1.75 1.42 0.28 7.13
3 Crash Bandicoot PS 1996 Platform Sony Computer Entertainment 3.23 2.35 0.94 0.30 6.82

They never did own it Crash deserves all those sales

Please come back!