By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Diablo 3 @1080p on X1 shows MS cares about gamers

They don't care about gamers in this case, if they cared they'd let the developers make the game the best they can and release it without wasting their time on something as unimportant as a few line of pixels.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
starcraft said:
I'd say that MS cares about both.

Half the internet has spent the last 10 months beating the shit out of the Xbox One (and at times the PS4) for being unable to run intensive games at 1080p as a matter of routine (letalone 60fps).

They are responding to what we demanded of them.

Which goes to show we're our own worst enemy.

But Diablo 3 isn't really an intensive game to run. You can run the game maxed out and in 1080p@45+fps on a modest 5 years old gaming rig.

Microsoft rather having an unnoticeable difference in resolution instead of 60fps is less that they care about gamers, but wanting to look like their console is as powerful as the competition. All Microsoft did was give them some updated code and said they'd rather take the hit on framerate than resolution.

Sony's sent several dev teams out to help third party studios get better acquainted with the PS4 hardware. Additionally, this is a big game only, but Skyrim from last gen. Skyrim was hardly playable on the PS3 due to framerate issues, literally unplayable once you hit 60+ hours. Not only did Sony help Bethesda getting the game run at around 30fps, but after the 60+ hour mark it runs at 20+ fps with no significant frame drops which used to go as low as 0fps. Bethesda also couldn't get any of the DLCs working properly. Sony helped them get those functional on the hardware as well.

Hynad said:
starcraft said:
I'd say that MS cares about both.

Half the internet has spent the last 10 months beating the shit out of the Xbox One (and at times the PS4) for being unable to run intensive games at 1080p as a matter of routine (letalone 60fps).

They are responding to what we demanded of them.

Which goes to show we're our own worst enemy.

But Diablo 3 isn't really an intensive game to run. You can run the game maxed out and in 1080p@45+fps on a modest 5 years old gaming rig.

I know. Which makes this even worse. We shouldn't be calling for more than these consoles can do.

And they shouldn't be trying to give it to us, not to the point that it starts to degrade the experience (assuming this is true).

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

I think some people might be over reacting. The frame rate only drops to around 50fps at worst from what i understand... Without specific equipment to analyse frame rates, 99.99999% of people would never even notice...

Around the Network

I Believe alot of people in MS cares about gamers first (developers, some departments), but the Company as a whole cares more about marketshare and perception, as they should.

gergroy said:
I think some people might be over reacting. The frame rate only drops to around 50fps at worst from what i understand... Without specific equipment to analyse frame rates, 99.99999% of people would never even notice...

This.

I.watched the digital foundry video. Never saw it drop below 54. It was at 60 majority of the time.

Poor Xbone, doesn't really know what to do, higher res or higher FPS? that's the question!

Add me if u want :)

This doesn't mean ms cares for gamers it means that hey don't want it up in the light that the ps4 runs at a high res. They want it to seem that they are both equally powerful