By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo: The Strategy Is To Not Pull A Sega

"Lastly, PC sales are a cause for concern. Many developers are afraid to bring their games to PC because they know it will get pirated and generally have very low sales."

Sorry, stopped reading there. Author seems to be making things up.

Around the Network

Segas downfall in sales and game quality didn't have so much to do with going from 1st to 3rd party as it had to do with horrible finances.

I still believe that going third party for Nintendo is still not a good idea. I mean, they screwed up one product and they are paying the price for it but it doesn't mean they should give up... Just ride it out and learn from their mistakes when they launch their next console

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I read that when Sega went 3rs party, they were making a game for GameCube and Xbox, but got forced to put it on PS2 as well, a console they understood developing for less. And it hampered the game as a whole.

pokoko said:
"Lastly, PC sales are a cause for concern. Many developers are afraid to bring their games to PC because they know it will get pirated and generally have very low sales."

Sorry, stopped reading there. Author seems to be making things up.

I dont understand, isnt this a real and legitimate concern developers have?

Around the Network

Nintendo software have always been high quality for me so I'm not worried about that in the future nor do I see them pulling a Sonic anytime soon (I think Sega has seen better success with their other games). It's the hardware sales that are worrying, so I expect desperate-Nintendo to give it their all next generation. I'm not sure if we will see another Wii console again, but if anyone can repeat it, it's Nintendo.

If anything ever happened to Nintendo, as in dropping out of the console platform, then it would be a sad day in gaming. Personally, I hope to never see a Mario or Zelda title on other platforms. It wouldn't be right.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Pc sales always seem super low because they always show the sales for the physical version but according to recent analyst 90%+ of pc sales are digital so just showing physical sales doesn't make much sense anymore for the pc versions.
http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/08/19/analyst-says-digital-sales-made-up-92-percent-of-pc-game-market-in-2013/

Credibility thrown out the window after that PC paragraph

Bandages need to be pulled at once.

People need to give up their hopes at once and see the wii U for what it really is.
A great consoles with its owns games, that you can't play anywhere else, just as you can't play third party here.