By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which platform is your favorite for HANDHELDS?

What is your favorite Handheld Platform?

Sony - PSP/Vita 65 26.21%

Nintendo -Gameboy/DS 173 69.76%

Nvidia - Shield 0 0%

Sega - Game Gear 2 0.81%

Android - Emulators 2 0.81%

Mattel - Sports Handhelds (70s-80s) 0 0%

Leapfrog - Leapster 6 2.42%

Total:248

PSP and Vita for me.
They just appeal to me more than Nintendo hanhelds, the last tendo hanheld i had was the gameboy advance SP

PlayStation Network: paddy2k7

I own PlayStation, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 2 slim, PlayStation 3 60gb, PlayStation 3 slim 1tb, PSP, PS Vita 32gb and PlayStation 4.

Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Gameboy/colour, Advance/Sp, Wii.

Around the Network

Nintendo but Game Gear and PSP are also very nice.

For me it's a tie between the Gba and Ds.

The 3DS XL is THE handheld device for me in terms of... well everything. The thing is still spewing out awesome games (Smash Bros...) and the bigger screens are always better. And may I mention the BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY with DS games! That instantly opens up a whole lot more options. Oh, and Animal Crossing.

Ds and 3ds libraries are unrivalled and are two of my favourite consoles ever. On my 3ds I have about 7 3ds cartridges, 9 downloaded retail games, 23 3ds eshop only games, 8 dsi eshop games and 9 vc game. Plus I have the 20 vc games from the ambassador program. And I can't count my many ds carts because I left them all in England.

I have a psp which I use a lot for emulators and a few psp games. Being a good machine for emulators boosts the systems value for me a lot and it has a good dpad which many of the native psp games don't take advantage of. It's great piece of hardware, but I would say that many of the best psp games aren't the kind of games I want to play on a handheld.

I carry my psp around in my bag because I'm scare that if I lose my 3ds I'll not be able to recover my digital downloads. Honestly, Nintendo is a let down there.

The Vita seems to have a more varied library than the psp, thanks to indies, and is appealing to me.

Both 3DS and DS have spent significant periods of time as my primary gaming devices.

Around the Network

Hmmm idk, I liked the PSP and DS/3DS both equally. I'll give the edge to the PSP though.

Vita TV.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

OK, who chose leapster???

It is near the end of the end....

It's been almost a day since this thread went out. I would have guessed that these numbers would have some in like this based on the feedback in a lot of threads.

I am just a little disappointed that there are not more classic system lovers here. The Game Gear was easily the best handheld of it's time. THe problem with it was that it was released by Sega instead of Nintendo.

It is near the end of the end....

Nintendo handhelds by a wide margin. Game Gear was fun though, and I did enjoy PSP quite a bit. Nintendo has been pretty consistent in terms of quality and support when it comes to all of their handhelds however.