By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
curl-6 said:

If you are unfamiliar with the process of game development, that doesn't invalidate common knowledge among those who are familiar with it.

The very fact that it requires one to be familar with it, invalidates it as "common" sense

And I did not ignore Xbox Live et al, they were simply not under discussion. I do think Xbox Live is anti-consumer, by the way.

You either mention it all or you don't mention any of this. Not to mention, the idea of not paying for a service is ludicrous.

As for being irrational, I'm not the one resorting to personal attacks in defence of a corporation.

How exactly am I attacking you personally? Is it because I'm disagreeing with you? Is it because I'm calling your lack of evidence and bias irrational? 

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

Charging for PSN in any capacity is anti-consumer. We already pay for our internet.

This statement will certainly be heard around the world, and will change the nature of services forever. I expect Supreme Court and European Human Rights Court to slap heavy fines on companies with anti-consumer practices.

Netflix is anti-consumer, it charges a fee to people already paying for Internet.

HBO is anti-consumer, it charges a fee to people already paying for cable.

Marriott is anti-consumer, it charges a fee to people already paying for housing.

Nintendo is anti-consumer, it charges for games to people who already bought their console.

Dentists are anti-consumer, they charge a fee to people who already have teeth.

Man, you really need to stop with all this nonsense, there is nothing but you on multiple pages parroting about TLOU:R and PS+. Go back to your free services, and stop embarassing yourself in public.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
curl-6 said:

If you are unfamiliar with the process of game development, that doesn't invalidate common knowledge among those who are familiar with it.

The very fact that it requires one to be familar with it, invalidates it as "common" sense

And I did not ignore Xbox Live et al, they were simply not under discussion. I do think Xbox Live is anti-consumer, by the way.

You either mention it all or you don't mention any of this. Not to mention, the idea of not paying for a service is ludicrous.

As for being irrational, I'm not the one resorting to personal attacks in defence of a corporation.

How exactly am I attacking you personally? Is it because I'm disagreeing with you? Is it because I'm calling your lack of evidence and bias irrational? 

- "Common knowledge" isn't "universal knowledge".

- I was just sticking to the topic at hand, which was Sony.

- Your ban notification answers this one.

Burek said:
curl-6 said:

Charging for PSN in any capacity is anti-consumer. We already pay for our internet.

This statement will certainly be heard around the world, and will change the nature of services forever. I expect Supreme Court and European Human Rights Court to slap heavy fines on companies with anti-consumer practices.

Netflix is anti-consumer, it charges a fee to people already paying for Internet.

HBO is anti-consumer, it charges a fee to people already paying for cable.

Marriott is anti-consumer, it charges a fee to people already paying for housing.

Nintendo is anti-consumer, it charges for games to people who already bought their console.

Dentists are anti-consumer, they charge a fee to people who already have teeth.

Man, you really need to stop with all this nonsense, there is nothing but you on multiple pages parroting about TLOU:R and PS+. Go back to your free services, and stop embarassing yourself in public.

I'm responding to those who address me. I'll stop when (A) the posts addressed to me stop, or (B) when I feel the discussion has run its course. Or if the thread gets locked of course, haha. XD

As to your examples, they're not really analogous. An online service does not need to be pay-to-play, and indeed PSN itself was once free. 

curl-6 said:

I'm responding to those who address me. I'll stop when (A) the posts addressed to me stop, or (B) when I feel the discussion has run its course. Or if the thread gets locked of course, haha. XD

As to your examples, they're not really analogous. An online service does not need to be pay-to-play, and indeed PSN itself was once free. 

PSN is still free...

Around the Network
Burek said:
curl-6 said:

PSN is still free...

But parts of it have been locked off behind paywalls. It's that part that I have a problem with.

curl-6 said:
Burek said:
curl-6 said:

PSN is still free...

But parts of it have been locked off behind paywalls. It's that part that I have a problem with.

So, my analogies are actually correct. And again, Sony is not charging anything for PSN. Same as Microsoft is not charging for XBox Live.

Burek said:
curl-6 said:

So, my analogies are actually correct. And again, Sony is not charging anything for PSN. Same as Microsoft is not charging for XBox Live.

Most of your examples seem a bit too reducto ad absurdum to be effective analogies, in my view.
I simply do not approve of them holding certain features to ransom behind paywalls. Obviously, you don't agree, but hey, that's why they're called opinions.

curl-6 said:
Burek said:
curl-6 said:

Most of your examples seem a bit too reducto ad absurdum to be effective analogies, in my view.
I simply do not approve of them holding certain features to ransom behind paywalls. Obviously, you don't agree, but hey, that's why they're called opinions.

On the contrary, they can only be called sarcastic, but you probably didn't notice that. They are no more absurd than your claim that PS+ is anti-consumer. They are all analogies of optional, paid, services, with of course exaggerations towards the end to emphasize my sarcasm.

While you are complaining about anti-consumer practices, you fail to realize that the only anti- they actually are ---- are anti-freeloader

Burek said:

On the contrary, they can only be called sarcastic, but you probably didn't notice that. They are no more absurd than your claim that PS+ is anti-consumer. They are all analogies of optional, paid, services, with of course exaggerations towards the end to emphasize my sarcasm.

While you are complaining about anti-consumer practices, you fail to realize that the only anti- they actually are ---- are anti-freeloader

Sarcasm is not contrary to reducto ad absurdum. It's very often a vehicle to facilitate it. But the analogies still don't work.

If you spent hundreds of dollars on a video game console, you're not a freeloader.