By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Bloodborne official demo gameplay

Yes...... Bloodborne. Loving what I am seeing.

Around the Network
betacon said:
Torillian said:

If you look at the three minute mark you'll see that there's a time limit to this, so if you've just been hit by someone you can get the health back if you attack them within a few seconds, but you do not just heal from hitting any old enemy.  They should probably tweak the time you have to hit someone and get the health back, though.  

They will work out a nice balance over time, since there's no shields any more you cant have the time too short.

Well the issue I had looking at the footage more closely is it seems that currently after you get hit you can get back more health than you lost from that specific encounter.  They should probably rework it so that it's more similar to Marvel vs. Capcom and when you take a hit the bar decreases but a shadow of where the bar was before the hit remains and then if you retaliate quickly enough you can get that health back.  As it is currently it seems like getting hit just put you in a sort of "revenge mode" where hitting anyone will give you health back.  Under this current system you could envision using weak enemies to heal yourself to full by taking a crappy little hit from them and then using the revenge mode to get more health back than they took away which could make healing too easy.  

Looks way more stable than the footage from that original gameplay trailer (the one Sony decided not to show at E3, likely because of said instability :p). Not perfect quite yet, but coming along nicely. Pretty exited to get a chance at playing it.

The AA could do with some work though.

Dark Souls: Prepare to Laugh Edition

Seriously though, the game looks amazing, but too easy. I hope they balance that.

Looks awesome day one for me

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

Around the Network

I'm sold, day one for me.

My most anticipated next year.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

wow..the comment section on the video...just wow...

That looks like dark souls to me. That's not a bad thing by any means, i love the game. I was just hoping for it to be a bit...different. They just seem to similar, they might as well call it a sequel or spin off.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Just gorgeous.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.