By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - OMG! Bus driver and student get into a fistfight!

@Sqrl

Some school bus drivers are responsible for the kids from the moment they step onto the bus until they're dropped off at their home (and vice versa).  That bus driver could have been fired if she let that student off and something happened to her or even worse be involved in a lawsuit filed by the parents.

Oh and in my opinion the full responsibility falls on the student since they're supposed to obey the school bus driver when told to sit down.

Around the Network
mesoteto said:
^ the problem is that kids nowa days are brats--i know in my day if i pulled that crap the bus driver would have been fine and as soon as i got home i would have been taken down a peg or two and unable to sit for a week---

this is what you get when you dont spank your kids and try to be a buddy insted of a parent
 In my day a kid could get off at any stop they wanted as long as the actual stop was allowed so I just got off at whichever stop I wanted.  Now, they try to keep that more in check. Anyway, it was the kids and her parents fault.  

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

Legend11 said:
@Sqrl

Some school bus drivers are responsible for the kids from the moment they step onto the bus until they're dropped off at their home (and vice versa). That bus driver could have been fired if she let that student off and something happened to her or even worse be involved in a lawsuit filed by the parents.

Oh and in my opinion the full responsibility falls on the student since they're supposed to obey the school bus driver when told to sit down.

I totally agree that she shouldn't want to let her off.  But when it escalates into something  physical I think she has to think about the other students and I don't think keeping her on the bus is the right call.

I really think she should have avoided the physical confrontation as best she could but imo she created it just as much as the student did.  Obviously the root cause is the spoiled brat but I expect the bus driver to have better sense than to confront an irrational teenage girl on a cramped bus full of students itching to get home on a friday. Lacking that sense the situation escalated and I honestly think that once it got physical the only thing smart to do was kick her off the bus and then make sure she was banned from riding the bus ever again.

I think we are mostly on the same page here tbh.   I know its a change of pace but I kinda like it~

To Each Man, Responsibility

Jajajaja, daughter to the rescue.

End of 2011 (made 02/01/11) 
Wii: 99.453 m
Xbox 360: 67.837 m 
Ps 3: 60.726 m

Best Games/Serie of the Generation

Regardless of our laws the brat was the only person who did wrong. Lets put our morals first and formost.

I remember back in school how kids loved to gang up on teachers and bus drivers. They even made a few cry; and don't even get me started with the substitutes.

Being a kid is extremely confusing. I still don't know what made me do some of the thing I did as a child and teen. Looking back I'm glad adults had patients with me and I now try to show that to the young ones.