By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New Bloodborne screens...very nicely detailed

2008ProchargedGT said:
Looks great. Really excited to play this. Not sure why so many people are hating on it?

it's an exclusive.  There's almost a guaranteed group of haters every time lol

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
Arkhandar said:

Bullshots.

They would have fixed the AA then.

Don't get me wrong, I'm obssessed with the Souls series, but I have to admit that those screens definitely smell like bullshots to me. It looks similar to something like the first Killzone Shadwo Fall screens, which also were in 4K. Minor changes, mainly resolution, but it's sill a bullshot.

Anyway, I couldn't care less about minor graphical changes. As long as the game immerses like Demon Souls and Dark Souls (not the second one)  and has a great art direction I'm okay with it. I just don't like being lied to.

Looking forward to this game. Shame I can't play it on PC though... Damn you, Sony! I wonder how much money they shoveled in Fromsoft's direction to make this an exclusive

ps3-sales! said:
Drakrami said:
Nintentacle said:
It doesn't look that great graphics-wise IMO.

Compared to what? Mario Kart 8? Zelda Skyward Sword? Hyrule Warriors? 

rofl.

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Owned.

OMG he got so owned because he simply said that the graphics of a game which will release on PS4 in 2015 aren't that great and still seems to like games which look worse!

Are you serious?

Are you guys really that crazy to think somebody who likes games which aren't impressive from a graphical persepctive isn't allowed to say that a game has not so good graphics? 

I find the graphics also not great (but the art-style is awesome) and that as someone who spends most of his gaming time to play Trouble in Terrorist Town right now which is ugly as fuck. Crazy right? I can say that a game is ugly and I even play it!

And I  got eye cancer from playing Dark Souls and I still played it 90 hours.

Arkhandar said:
DerNebel said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm obssessed with the Souls series, but I have to admit that those screens definitely smell like bullshots to me. It looks similar to something like the first Killzone Shadwo Fall screens, which also were in 4K. Minor changes, mainly resolution, but it's sill a bullshot.

Anyway, I couldn't care less about minor graphical changes. As long as the game immerses like Demon Souls and Dark Souls (not the second one)  and has a great art direction I'm okay with it. I just don't like being lied to.

Don't get me wrong, I don't really have a stake in the Souls series, I never played any of them, though I'm interested in Bloodborne.

The thing is just that if you look at those pics in their full resolution it just doesn't look flattering to them, there are jaggies everywhere. That's why I don't think those are deliberately touched up bullshots, someone just for some reason blew up the resolution. 

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
Arkhandar said:
DerNebel said:

Don't get me wrong, I don't really have a stake in the Souls series, I never played any of them, though I'm interested in Bloodborne.

The thing is just that if you look at those pics in their full resolution it just doesn't look flattering to them, there are jaggies everywhere. That's why I don't think those are deliberately touched up bullshots, someone just for some reason blew up the resolution. 

You seem to have a point there, and let's hope it's just upscalling. But after the Dark Souls 2 "next-gen lightning" fiasco I tend to be a little more cautious now. Just scalling my expectations accordingly.

P.S. Belive me, you're missing out a great series :D

Compared to Dark Souls 2 it's like night and day how much better this looks. I just hope all the rpg elements remain intact.

bananaking21 said:
this looks awesome. absolutely love the art style.

This, i probably wait this game more then U4.

Them: "Driveclub, TLOUR, The Order and Bloodborne don't look particularly good."
Us: "So what is it about these exclusive games on the more powerful PS4 with a 10 million install base don't you like?"

The PS5 Exists. 

Scaled one of the pics down to 1080, makes the whole thing look a lot smoother.