By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Star Citizen doesn't look that great in my opinion, but It looks ambitious

PullusPardus said:
daredevil.shark said:

See actual gameplay video at least 720p resolution. This game is a looker. If you still cant see the difference then time has come to check your eyes.

I'm watching it in 1440 ( the last video, I can't watch it in 4k because my screen doesn't support it) and in 1080p the other videos. 

720p is not even full HD. but even then I'm not exactly impressed there is a lot of rough edges and everything looks crude. This all will greatly affect the hardware and will be a pain to run the game. I feel like they intentionally do this so they brag about "Your PC can't run it!" same thing that happened to The Witcher 1 (it was poorly optimized) 

I mean the creators did brag about crap like "Your high end PC will only run it on Medium settings" well, optimize that mess then. thats not something to brag about.

4k looks nicer on youtube than 1440/1080p even though your screen doesn't support it. It seems to have less compression.

I'm all for this becoming the next crysis . The PC master race needs something to brag about. Would be enjoyable to watch others play at least, if your PC can't.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Around the Network

Seriously though, where is the screen tearing?!

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Raw uncompressed videos.

http://www.gamersyde.com/game_videos_2615_en.html

Ninsect said:

Wait for the gifs to load.

Only way to show you is by taking gifs...

I'm pointing at them with the mouse cursor. keep in mind that they look more obvious in this video and in the distance. It just needs optimizing.

VanceIX said:
It looks good, but I'm worried on whether it will be a microtransaction fest or not. There are some ships selling for $300+. You could buy a new graphics card with that kind of money :/

Technically, those ships come as bundles (Game+ Alpha Access+ In game money+ gifts).

I think the most expensive single ship that ever came out was the Xian Scout ship at 150$. It was  limited time offer because the developers didn't want too many alien ships in the game from the start.

The Single most expensive package is the 400$ constellation Phoenix package which includes:

• Hartwell Music Sentinel 88G
  • Starting Hangar: Deluxe
  • Starting Money:10,000 UEC
  • 6 Month Insurance
  • Deluxe Silver Collector's Box
  • Spaceship-shaped USB Drive
  • CD of Game Soundtrack
  • Glossy Fold-up Star Map
  • 5 Spaceship Blueprints
  • 3 Inch Model of Spaceship
  • Hardback Making-of Star Citizen
  • Beta Access
  • Digital Star Citizen Manual
  • Squadron 42 Digital Download
  • Star Citizen Digital Download

So overall not a bad deal.

The thing about microtransactions is they do not let anyone purchase anything that they could not buy if they had just played the game itself. In fact, there is a limit to the amount of real world money you can convert to in game credits.

PullusPardus said:
Trunkin said:

Dude, is AA the be-all end-all for graphics to you? Look at the detail! Look at the lighting!

To all you wondering about the gameplay, and comparing this to Crysis(lol), y'know pledgers have been able to play the game's alpha for a while. There's plenty of footage and info about the game, and the developers' ambitions for it. There's SO much more to this game than its stunning visuals, which %99 of early players won't be able to experience to the fullest, anyway.

No? I did say in the OP that the game doesn't look that good but the game itself looks ambitious 

They just need to optimize it though the developers bragged about how this game is not going to run on High End PCs because its too "graphic heavy" but this only means that it is poorly optimized, not something to brag about.

They are actually aiming for this game to be 4K ready.

It doesn't matter what optimizations they do, even the latest 500-600 dollar Video cards have problems with 4K resolution.

Around the Network

This definitely isn't going to live up to the hype.

burning_phoneix said:

They are actually aiming for this game to be 4K ready.

It doesn't matter what optimizations they do, even the latest 500-600 dollar Video cards have problems with 4K resolution.

Do you think they're pushing 4K way too much instead of optimizing what they can with lower res first? 4K would look great sure. but only if you can optimize it. othewise Arma 3 already did that but people rather play on 1080p because it looks "nicer"

PullusPardus said:
Ninsect said:

Wait for the gifs to load.

Only way to show you is by taking gifs...

I'm pointing at them with the mouse cursor. keep in mind that they look more obvious in this video and in the distance. It just needs optimizing.

It's not really, noticible. 

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Mr.Playstation said:

It's not really, noticible. 

I guess I'm just nitpicky.

Stanley should sue the shit out of them

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.