By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RUMOR: The Wii U will be getting a big 'Remastered' game in 2015

What do you think?

Majora's Mask 208 25.97%

Eternal Darkness 89 11.11%

Super Mario Sunshine 157 19.60%

Super Mario Galaxy 87 10.86%

Pokemon Snap 28 3.50%

Xenoblade Chronicles 56 6.99%

Other 93 11.61%

See Results 80 9.99%

Total:798
Aielyn said:

Without more information, I'm just going to take this as "stab in the dark" material. If it's meant to be by Nintendo, then narrowing the field somewhat might make me more willing to think it's more than an educated guess. If it's meant to be third party, then saying so would at least go some way towards making me think there might be something there, and specifying the publisher, or the year that the original game released, or something like that, would make me really curious.

Is the Wii U going to get some sort of "remastered" game? Probably. And that's why I don't trust this rumour.

And no, neither Devil's Third nor Pokemon ORAS are enough to suggest this guy is truly leaking inside info. Devil's Third was a title that was being developed for other platforms, before suddenly going silent. Guessing it would be a Wii U exclusive was a good guess, but a few people had already speculated on it by the time this guy 'leaked' it. Pokemon ORAS was pretty much a given, yet people seemed to act as though he made some great revelation by hinting at them by saying there'd be two more Pokemon titles at E3... after saying that there'd be a big Pokemon Wii U title at E3. The track record rests on a comment about a third party title being Wii U exclusive and playing somewhat like Bayonetta 2... and I wouldn't say that Devil's Third is that much like Bayonetta 2.

Do what you will. It is just a rumor. 

Around the Network

it's mario sunshine

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

i hope that remastered games is STARFOX ADVENTURES. one of the best games for gamecube.

but nintendo is alwasys the same, mario, mario, mario...

cheryl said:

i hope that remastered games is STARFOX ADVENTURES. one of the best games for gamecube.

From what I heard, it was really good, but realistically it was a zelda game and not a star fox game, leaving star fox fans disappointed. I don't think it was liked enough to get a remake, not that it doesn't deserve one.

To hell with Majora's Mask and Mario Sunshine.

You know what I want? It's not "BIG", but I'd LOVE to see a "Metroid: Zero Mission" style remake of Metroid 2. That is the most forgotten and ignored entry in the entire series. Even more so than the stupid pinball game.

I think that game deserves some 16-ish colorization, and a new life as a sweet remake on Wii U eShop. While I'd love a NEW fully 2D HD Super Metroid sequel even more, I would be thrilled if they'd remake Metroid 2.

Around the Network
ninjaman003 said:
cheryl said:

From what I heard, it was really good, but realistically it was a zelda game and not a star fox game, leaving star fox fans disappointed. I don't think it was liked enough to get a remake, not that it doesn't deserve one.

It wasn't even a Zelda game. It was Dinosaur Planet, which on it's own might've been pretty decent. But then they slapped the "Star Fox" coat of paint on it, which was just pointless. Totally pointless. Mind you, it was a far better game than the pile of aborted fetuses that was Star Fox: Assault, but it wasn't a "Star Fox" game, at all. In fact, there hasn't BEEN a good SF game since SF64, the best entry. Which is why I'm so nervious over this "Star Fox U" nonsense, both because of the talk of using motion control with the GamePad to aim (sounds stupid), and those little mini-game tech demos allegedly also being "related" to "Star Fox U". For the love of christ, I just want them to make a good, REAL Star Fox game, ala SF64, just with obviously way better graphics, way more impressive physics, and way more content. I mant my dream, honest-to-god sequel to SF64.

But I am very hesitant to believe that that is what I'll actually get. We'll see...........

DevilRising said:
ninjaman003 said:
cheryl said:

It wasn't even a Zelda game. It was Dinosaur Planet, which on it's own might've been pretty decent. But then they slapped the "Star Fox" coat of paint on it, which was just pointless. Totally pointless. Mind you, it was a far better game than the pile of aborted fetuses that was Star Fox: Assault, but it wasn't a "Star Fox" game, at all. In fact, there hasn't BEEN a good SF game since SF64, the best entry. Which is why I'm so nervious over this "Star Fox U" nonsense, both because of the talk of using motion control with the GamePad to aim (sounds stupid), and those little mini-game tech demos allegedly also being "related" to "Star Fox U". For the love of christ, I just want them to make a good, REAL Star Fox game, ala SF64, just with obviously way better graphics, way more impressive physics, and way more content. I mant my dream, honest-to-god sequel to SF64.

But I am very hesitant to believe that that is what I'll actually get. We'll see...........

I know it's history, I just meant it played way closer to a zelda game than any other star fox game out there. It would appeal to zelda fans, but not necasserilly star fox fans.

God, please not Majora's Mask. That needs to be on 3DS, not WiiU.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Clyde32 said:
Pavolink said:
I believe it will SM64 as many of us has been claiming for it.

Already got a remake. 

*rerelease with some added content.

How many times has OoT been re-released, but we still got a remaster of it? It's incredibly plausible that they'd do SM64.

SW-5120-1900-6153

thetonestarr said:
God, please not Majora's Mask. That needs to be on 3DS, not WiiU.

I agree, I think most people voted that because they want a remake, not necasserily because they want it on Wii U.