By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RUMOR: The Wii U will be getting a big 'Remastered' game in 2015

What do you think?

Majora's Mask 208 25.97%

Eternal Darkness 89 11.11%

Super Mario Sunshine 157 19.60%

Super Mario Galaxy 87 10.86%

Pokemon Snap 28 3.50%

Xenoblade Chronicles 56 6.99%

Other 93 11.61%

See Results 80 9.99%

Total:798
fleischr said:
toastboy44562 said:
If its Majoras Mask then I might have to get a wii U ...

I just may need to bookmark this

Give people things they're interested in and like, they'll end buying it no matter the platform.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
fleischr said:
toastboy44562 said:
If its Majoras Mask then I might have to get a wii U ...

I just may need to bookmark this

BTW, nice sig pic.  An extended part of my childhood was spent playing GE vs. with friends.

The devil told me it's Super Mario 64. I know he's a lies.

cheshirescat said:

Maybe Ultima, or updates of arcade games, but all stars set the standard on consoles at the very least.  And has there been a game remastered more than oot?  Maybe metal gear solid.

That's easy: Street Fighter 2 (Capcom)

There's also RE4 (Capcom) and soon, RE1 (Capcom). You can even throw Okami (Capcom) in there.

DarkRPGamer007 said:
Well people keep going on about Majora's Mask remake being on 3DS and honestly I'd hope it would be with the shrinking lineup on the platform. Wii U might get it because of the initial trailer shown for it in HD, but if they want a rave idk if they'll remake the lowest selling console Zelda. Sunshine would probably sell more solely for the fact it's Mario and Eternal Darkness is cool but sales weren't relevant at all so my bet is it's Sunshine if anything

It was the worst selling Zelda game because 1) it required an Expansion Pak to play it. Anytime a game requires extra accessories that don't see much support, sales get damaged. (2) The N64 was pretty much dead by the time it launched. It came out in the US on the exact same day as the PS2...

Also, that trailer of MMHD is a fan project, not from Nintendo. It would make more sense for the game to come to 3DS, because as someone said, they can just reuse the assets from OOT3D, much like the original MM used a ton of assets from the original OOT.

Around the Network
Hiku said:

I'm hoping it's Majora's Mask, but I think that one is more likely for the 3DS. A remastered version for the Wii U would probably require a complete overhaul to all the textures to look acceptable on the Wii U. And I don't think they're willing to do that. I hope I'm wrong.

burninmylight said:
DarkRPGamer007 said:
Well people keep going on about Majora's Mask remake being on 3DS and honestly I'd hope it would be with the shrinking lineup on the platform. Wii U might get it because of the initial trailer shown for it in HD, but if they want a rave idk if they'll remake the lowest selling console Zelda. Sunshine would probably sell more solely for the fact it's Mario and Eternal Darkness is cool but sales weren't relevant at all so my bet is it's Sunshine if anything

It was the worst selling Zelda game because 1) it required an Expansion Pak to play it. Anytime a game requires extra accessories that don't see much support, sales get damaged. (2) The N64 was pretty much dead by the time it launched. It came out in the US on the exact same day as the PS2...

Also, that trailer of MMHD is a fan project, not from Nintendo. It would make more sense for the game to come to 3DS, because as someone said, they can just reuse the assets from OOT3D, much like the original MM used a ton of assets from the original OOT.

Small correction, point still stands but Minish Cap sold less. And currently, A Link Between Worlds has sold less as well.

http://s4.postimg.org/6adp6lwhn/Zelda_sales.jpg

I said CONSOLE Zelda not HANDHELD and also A Link Between World may eclipse it one day

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

RIP Iwata 12/6/1959-7/11/2015

Thanks for all the great memories!

it will not be MM as much as we all want it to be.
I say Sunshine

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~

OOT in glorious 1080p60 would possibly make me consider buying a WiiU.

Metroid Prime Trilogy or F-Zero GX, make it happen Nintendo!

If it's Pokémon Snap I will kill somebody. That game is extremely stupid and is only revered by fans who played it when they were 6 and can't take their rose-colored glasses off for it.