By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - July 2014 NPD Thread! PS4: 187k, XBO: 131k, Wii U: 81k

tbone51 said:
BeElite said:
Very low numbers, KArt seems did not do very much.

NDp is a true test of a bump, has fallen fast. Maybe no new baseline just a slow descent.

wheres the rest of the numbers ?

Kart as in SW sales? or do you mean HW sales for WiiU?

he means hardware

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
steverhcp02 said:
DonFerrari said:
steverhcp02 said:

I don't understand your logic. I am not downplaying anything. All I am saying is youre taking a month where there is one clear cut exclusive game thats old a ton and extrapolating it against other consoles. It's just not a fair comparison to make on a larger scale.

I'm thoroughly impressed with TLOU:R sales but  tooting the horn about comparing gross sales across consoles in light of a single titles dwarfing software does not provide a fair comparison.

I didn't said you were downplaying. Just that to consider a sole game tipping the balance so much that all other softwares on both concorrents and the own platform are dwarves isn't accurate.

But it is a fact that it did. One game sold so much that it inflated the sales of a single console. This can't be ignored when youre talking about comparing software sales across multiple consoles. The fact it is a single title, remaster is irrelavent to the discussion. One title vastly sold a lot of copies and is only on one console, it will skew the numbers for the month dramatically. that is all. I don't understand what is being argued here.

What is being argued is that TLOUR didn't sold by itself the same as Mk8 and all other SKU in MS and Ninty portfolio... it probably weighted for like 10% of sales, maybe 20%.. but that doesn't make all others dwarves or Sony 50% marketshare in SW irrelevant.

So you agree. But I imagine everyone arguing with me is somehow offended I didnt do a dance and taunt people passive aggressively or something? I never used the word irrelevent either. Why does every discussion have to be this dramatic all-or-nothing with us or against us battle here?

Things are pretty slow so far, I'll jump back in a few hours when things pick up.

So...that quote about X1 & PS4 being up 80% compared to X360 & PS3 in their first 9 months? Based on X1 and PS4 totals in months 1-8, and X360 & PS3 totals in months 1-9, we can say that PS4 & X1 combined to sell around 338,000 in July 2014, which is down from June in line with the transition from a five week month to a four week month. 

My guess: PS4 - 213,000

X1 - 125,000

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

TheSource said:

So...that quote about X1 & PS4 being up 80% compared to X360 & PS3 in their first 9 months? Based on X1 and PS4 totals in months 1-8, and X360 & PS3 totals in months 1-9, we can say that PS4 & X1 combined to sell around 338,000 in July 2014, which is down from June in line with the transition from a five week month to a four week month. 

X1 - 125,000

Are you forgetting or ignoring that the PS4 had a big game released for it in july?

Around the Network

Nope. That's why I kept it at the same level on a weekly basis as in June even though everything else likely dropped not just in counted weeks, but in sales per week.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

TheSource said:

I'm not really convinced Wii U got a bump from Mario Kart that lasted more than a week. It sold 140,000 in five weeks, not four for June, and 83,000 in July for four weeks, not five, so you're looking at 28,000 / week in June to 21,000 / week in July. June is when people graduate from school or college often times, and it's Father's Day, it's typically a bit better than July for everybody on a weekly basis, so it's hard to say if Mario Kart really did anything in the US.

I've always worked on the assumption that the original Wii sold because it had a monopoloy on motion control gaming from 2006-2010 and then declined when it no longer had that monopoly. Every game in that 2006-2010 that expanded the monopoly into new genres reinforced the Wii or prevented it from weakning - the kings being Mario Kart for racing, Just Dance for dancing, and so on, but now that there is no motion monopoly, games are just games, and the people buying them are people who liked Nintendo, not people who liked Nintendo or liked motion gaming.

This.

TheSource said:

X1 - 125,000

But so, PS4 confirmed less than 250K?

Last July the Wii U was under 32k. This past April it was under 50k.

Clearly Mario Kart has had no effect?

TheSource said:

X1 - 125,000

Hmm that that would mean PS4 > X1 + WiiU. Could also possibly go in line with PS3 + PS4 > XBO + 360 + WiiU + Wii