By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Black Women are the most educated people in the United States.

I live in Georgia.

Around the Network
Burek said:
Nice statistics. But who are the other 40% enrolling into college?
White Polar Bears?
Black Penguins?
Asian Pandas?

My point -> The numbers don't add up.

There were actually a lot of polar bears in my courses.

Ninsect said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:
What are the statistics for University? Also, for college, what is the actual statistics for graduating, when broken down by each group?

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/race-gap-narrows-in-college-enrollment-but-not-in-graduation/

Well, it seems this graph rendered the OP's thread inacurrate.

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

So going to collage (not graduating even) just getting accepted makes you smarter than people that did not attend. Cool dude. I got in to a bunch of colleges, I just didn't go so that makes me an idiot. Nice. I'll be sure to let my employer know that. And take a pay cut too. I mean a multi million, international medical device company that I work for sure doesn't need a marketing director idiot like me.

This is the most useless and misleading article I have read in a while. Along with the Polygon article that claims that TR will get more sales on X1 alone.

ninjaman003 said:
Ninsect said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:
What are the statistics for University? Also, for college, what is the actual statistics for graduating, when broken down by each group?

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/race-gap-narrows-in-college-enrollment-but-not-in-graduation/

so 102%(62.1+39.9) of people graduate in six years

That's 62.1% and 39.9% of the respective number of people who attend college, I'm sure.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Around the Network
Burek said:
Nice statistics. But who are the other 40% enrolling into college?
White Polar Bears?
Black Penguins?
Asian Pandas?

My point -> The numbers don't add up.

It's the proportion of ALL black women/asian women/etc.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Ninsect said:

That's 62.1% and 39.9% of the respective number of people who attend college, I'm sure.

In that case there sure are a lot of people in multiple categories. Not that it's impossible, I just thinks it's unlikely.

the-pi-guy said:
ninjaman003 said:

You can't add those percentages.  They are covering different pieces of data.  

Take 1000 blacks and 1000 whites and say that 621 of the whites graduate in 6 years, and 399 of the blacks graduate in 6 years.  This is what that says.  

What happens when you add those percentages.  621/1000 whites + 399/1000 blacks = ?  

Let's say you have 10 oranges and 3 apples, you can't add those together and say you have 13 applanges.  

That means at least half of the white men are in more than one category... wait that makes sense... screw it.

the-pi-guy said:
ninjaman003 said:

You can't add those percentages.  They are covering different pieces of data.  

Take 1000 blacks and 1000 whites and say that 621 of the whites graduate in 6 years, and 399 of the blacks graduate in 6 years.  This is what that says.  

What happens when you add those percentages.  621/1000 whites + 399/1000 blacks = ?  

Let's say you have 10 oranges and 3 apples, you can't add those together and say you have 13 applanges.  

pi bringing the math!

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

.. but they couldn't find a black woman for the photo? unless the person on the photo is a woman then i apologize.. the moustache threw me off... No offence to the women with moustaches.. they are lovely

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!)