By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - European Software Sales: 2014 Top 20 Half-Year Software Chart! (Includes Watchdogs 2mil+ /Titanfall/MK8....

I LOVE GIGGS said:
Are they including bundled games? How can they calculate their value?

That's a good question. Maybe they just use the average price of the game as the price of the bundled game. Or maybe they count the price of the bundled game as 0 Euros and that brings down the average price. 

Edit: Oops, Episteme said that they don't count sales from bundles. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

Seems the Legos are really popular in Europe.

episteme said:
Slarvax said:
MK8 overtracked.
As of June 30th, VGC has it at 473k vs 416k.
But VGC is undertracked compared to Nintendo's 2.82 million (shipped + digital). My guess is very high digital sale numbers.

Media control GfK doesn't count sales from console bundles, but VGC does.

If thats true then Titanfall+MK8 should be alot higher (especiallyTF)

I feel sad for Namco. I think they deserve better sales

Oh there's no Dark Souls 2 in this list

Around the Network
MoHasanie said:
I LOVE GIGGS said:
Are they including bundled games? How can they calculate their value?

That's a good question. Maybe they just use the average price of the game as the price of the bundled game. Or maybe they count the price of the bundled game as 0 Euros and that brings down the average price. 

Edit: Oops, Episteme said that they don't count sales from bundles. 

For UK, they count the bundles if the game can be sold separately. For example, They count Titanfall but they don't count Kinect Adventures or Wii Sports.

I don't know about these charts and how do they calculate the value.

episteme said:

Media control GfK doesn't count sales from console bundles, but VGC does.

NPD doesn't count the sales from the bundles in the US, but Gfk does it in Europe.

Ka-pi96 said:
vivster said:
That's quite a high attachment rate of Titanfall in Europe.

Well that makes sense. Titanfall is just that awesome after all

But that also means that it's one of the only things that will make Europeans buy an Xbox. Which isn't a good sign.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Those are good numbers for MK since its just 1 month of sales and considering the relatively low Wii U install base in Europe.

AshKetchum1992 said:
Seems the Legos are really popular in Europe.

My local GAME has 6 wall racks on either side for Sony and Microsoft home consoles (3 for each of MS and Sony's home consoles with 1 being for the console and accessories and 2 for games 1 new and 1 pre-owned.)

Then it has 5 double sided middle racks 1 for Wii/Wii U (games, consoles and accessories), 1 for PC games and DVD's/Blu ray's, 1 for the handheld's and 2 together for Skylanders, Disney Infinity, Lego games and retail Minecraft otherwise known as the games incredibly popular with under 12 year olds.