By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Resident Evil 0 Wiimake

Well I reacall they had 9 guys working 6 months to port Okami, and that was a differnt sytem and not the originla creators. They proabably have 6 guys working 3 months on this one. Probably started it after Umbreala Cronicles came out.

Doesn't really tell me mroe about theri other projects excpet there is money to be made on the Wii. I can only hope they will come up with something new soon. Frankly they can remake everythign the have ever published as long as I get a a couple of AAA new titles from them on the Wii this gen.

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

Around the Network

Only I'd entertain an RE0 port is if it's in full 3D (RE4-style) with RE4 Wii controls.

Another AAA third party game for Wii

Kenology said:
Only I'd entertain an RE0 port is if it's in full 3D (RE4-style) with RE4 Wii controls.

Same.

RE0 was easily the worst of the series. I've no idea why they'd bring it back instead of, say, RE2.

If it's true that they turned it into a point and click, then they're probably further testing the casual waters of the Wii. 

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

I never played RE0 for the Gamecube, IF the game turns out good with RE4 controls I might be interested

Around the Network

i hope they use over the shoulder camera

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

DarkNight_DS said:
Same here, hopefully if they do remake 0 they remake it using 4's controls and design.

From my understanding of the various couple articles, it's just a port with some new Wiimote stuff

So, meh.

If it were an RE4 style remake, then I'd be excited.

What really bugs me about this is that Capcom clearly understands that Resident Evil sells on the Wii, and yet they don't want to put a version of RE5 on it?  I mean, what the hell, Capcom?!

alright capcom, this porting last gen games is getting old now. Make something new.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

When will they stop testing the waters on the wii?

Resident evil 4(remake,port)
Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure(low budget game)
Okami(port)
resident evil 0(remake,port)

The only game Im happy about is monster hunter 3

patjuan32 said:

Resident Evil Zero Set for Wii
More evil with the Wiimote.
by IGN Staff

February 27, 2008 - Following the worldwide success of Resident Evil 4, Capcom will be giving Wii owners a chance to sample another entry in the series, Resident Evil 0. The latest issue of Famitsu reports that a port of the game is on the way and will be released to Japan this summer. International releases will presumably follow.

Expectedly, Capcom is giving the game full Wiimote controls. While not providing official details, the magazine speculates that you'll now be able to play with one hand, suggesting that Capcom may be using the Wiimote to make RE0 into a point and click adventure of
some sort.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/855/855281p1.html

Not buying, just give me a RE 4 style game :<