By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Spencer confirms: Tomb Raider deal "has a duration" (also cross gen)

LudicrousSpeed said:
I think we all knew that. So as I said yesterday:

TR releases on Xbone/360 in late 2015
TR releases everywhere else early/mid 2016

SE gets good sales from 2 platforms plus MS monies, and avoids Uncharted on PS4

Seems like a win for everyone except PS3 only owners who will be playing God knows what in late 2015

If you think about it, SE made a smart decision by making it exclusive to Xbox for a little while. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

The speaker at Mircrosoft's conference should have clearly stated that it is coming "first to console on Xbox One" or something similar to this like Sony did with e.g. Hellblade, and so nobody gets confused. But it seems pretty likely that it was their intention to confuse people and get people talk about this. Unethical marketing. Sadly.

Interesting to see what he means by that. He was ambiguous in his discussion of the franchise. Will the franchise come back to other platforms...or will this game come to other platforms.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Still not entirely clear if this game will release on other platforms...however it seems likely that it is simply a timed exclusive for the holiday period that is all.

This is actually a pretty small thing then..kinda disappointed.

And i see some how MS managed to turn this into a PR nightmare AGAIN. They really are losing this battle.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Welp PS and PC fans knew how Nintendo fans felt yesterday.

Around the Network

Knew it! MS is all about timed exclusives, for better or for worse loll

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

well now that i have the option to buy it on ps4 i can pass on the purchase :P
its nice to have choices

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date

I commend Phil Spencer's honesty, but the last thing MS wants to have is to have another huge PR blunder (at a major games conference, for that matter). They've had enough of those last year and this year, and they really cannot afford to make any more.

Season usually means three months. This is coming from an previous Microsoft employee. So 3 months exclusive in Nov would mean PC, PS3, and PS4 release somewhere around February. Wish they were straight forward and honest about this.

Niceeeeeeeeeee. Can't wait to pick this up, my cousin has a 360 so I guess I will be borrowing that if it doesn't come to PS4.