By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Gamescom now a bigger/more important event than E3?

Is Gamescom now a bigger event than E3?

Yes 39 21.55%

No 91 50.28%

Don't care 15 8.29%

No Lara Booty for me :( 17 9.39%

ROFL VITA DEAD! 17 9.39%

Total:179

No, but the meltdowns regarding Tomb Raider are priceless.

Around the Network
IamAwsome said:
Jumpin said:
E3 2013 had an attendance of 48,000 and hasn't really been a big deal in like 8 or 9 years back when it hit the range of 70,000. Gamescom 2013 had an attendance of 340,000. Gamescom is already WAY bigger than E3 ever was.

Isn't Gamescom open to the pubic? That explains the attendance numbers. Open E3 up to the public, and it will have similar numbers. 

OT: E3 still has more overall game announcements, so it isn't bigger than E3. 

It seems like E3 was just a reveal of footage of games we already knew about. There are actual major games are being announced at Gamescom. In addition, way more people are talking about Gamescom than E3.

The only thing E3 has is that it's older, but it has definitely been surpassed in a big way. Gamescom is the biggest gaming expo in the world now. As attendance has shown, WAY bigger than E3 ever was. E3 having a small limited attendance doesn't change the fact that Gamescom is nearly 10 times bigger.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

nope

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

No, but it's getting there.

Not yet, but in a few years, yes.

Around the Network
Jumpin said:
E3 2013 had an attendance of 48,000 and hasn't really been a big deal in like 8 or 9 years back when it hit the range of 70,000. Gamescom 2013 had an attendance of 340,000. Gamescom is already WAY bigger than E3 ever was.

These are the numbers I could find trough a quick search::

48,900 video game industry professionals and journalists from more than 100 countries attended E3 2014 with 200 exhibitors.

340,000 visitors attended Gamescom 2014 with 635 exhibitors 88 from countries. 6,000 journalists.

Maybe it is bigger in numbers but in the public eye E3 probably still is bigger...............and I am from Europe.