By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Leave Microsoft Xbox Alone!

With this whole TR fiasco thing, people are exploding and blaming MS for stealing a Multiplat and making it exclusive.

Now I get the salt, I'm pretty Salty too, but like some rational people have said.

Its not Microsoft's fault, they are init to win it, and they will do whatever it takes to get to the top.

Gone is the Xbox of 360, which more or less had US, and sat on it. That's the kind of MS Xbox we saw that had all the always on DRM, no used games, mandatory kinect, etc. This new Xbox, is more like the Xbox of Old, which gave us gems like Shenmue 23 and Crimson Dragoon. That's an Xbox I can get behind.

Meanwhile, devs and publishers are like

Making/or have made buisness deals to try and get as much money as possible, forgetting that its the consumer that gives them money, not exclusivity deals and limited edition content, Ubisoft.

If MS Xbox is gonna take flak, let it be for something they are actually doing of their own voilition like always on, rather than something they need to do securing Exclusives. You can get mad at a child for drawing on the walls, but you can't mad at them for eating.

Come on, leave MS alone this time.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network

LEAVE XBOX ALONE!!!!!!

nice

I was expecting a Toastboy thread...
Im disappointed now.

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

TreeTurtle said:

LEAVE XBOX ALONE!!!!!!

Awww, you beat me to it :) lol ^ This

wait a sec, they gave us shenmue 3? when?

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

I've seen more ire directed at Square Enix than MS. As it should be.

But it's more about the contradictory circumstances of the previous game. SE claimed it didn't sell enough, even at 6 million sold, to generate profit on PS3 and X360 (even with 100+ total install base) and yet now want to relegate the next iteration in the series to a console with a smaller install base (5 million) than units sold of the previous game...and they expect to make profit? Only one way possible for that to happen...SE got enamored by MS money.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Nah, I hate Microsoft, and am happy to see them fail. I can't see how this will possibly help them in the big picture. There's no way the moneyhat (which has to account for lost sales) will be paid back by enough X1's being sold to play this game. TR was a franchise circling the drain at best, now it's basically dead.

I don't blame SE at all, it was guaranteed cash payoff for a weak franchise. This isn't 1996, next to nobody gives a crap about TR (as seen by the sales of the last entry).

I will continue to be ridiculously happy seeing terrible X1 sales.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

This new Xbox, is more like the Xbox of Old, which gave us gems like Shenmue 3 and Crimson Dragoon. That's an Xbox I can get behind.

What now?

Yeah. Many Sony fans are acting like child. We have uncharted and many other games. Leave Microsoft guys alone. They also deserve to have exclusive games. This is their day to be happy.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

With this whole TR fiasco thing, people are exploding and blaming MS for stealing a Multiplat and making it exclusive.

Now I get the salt, I'm pretty Salty too, but like some rational people have said.

Its not Microsoft's fault, they are init to win it, and they will do whatever it takes to get to the top.

Gone is the Xbox of 360, which more or less had US, and sat on it. That's the kind of MS Xbox we saw that had all the always on DRM, no used games, mandatory kinect, etc. This new Xbox, is more like the Xbox of Old, which gave us gems like Shenmue 3 and Crimson Dragoon. That's an Xbox I can get behind.

Meanwhile, devs and publishers are like

Making/or have made buisness deals to try and get as much money as possible, forgetting that its the consumer that gives them money, not exclusivity deals and limited edition content, Ubisoft.

If MS Xbox is gonna take flak, let it be for something they are actually doing of their own voilition like always on, rather than something they need to do securing Exclusives. You can get mad at a child for drawing on the walls, but you can't mad at them for eating.

Come on, leave MS alone this time.

The thing is... WILL this get them to the top? One of Microsoft's biggest problems wasn't simply its policies, or its price, or the Kinect. It was that all of these things were generating such a massive stream of negative PR and bad buzz, they simply couldn't gain traction against the widely spread belief that the console simply wasn't worth the purchase. It's something that they have actively, aggressively worked to overcome by removing many of the things that was getting them so extensively criticized, cutting back on the bad PR to make their console appear more attractive to the consumer. Even now, though, sales suggest that they're still fighting against the lingering effects, but at the very least their fortunes have been improving bit by bit.

This... man, THIS just looks like a powder keg. The reaction in some cases has been explosive, not just from Playstation owners, but from PC gamers who were already, quietly unenamoured with Microsoft, but who the incident has more or less sparked a deep, active loathing for them on principle alone. This is RAPIDLY swinging out of 'Positive PR Buzz! =D ' and into 'Complete Nuclear Meltdown' for both Squeenix and Microsoft, and the latter company in particular just finished climbing out of the hole they'd dug themselves a year ago.

Consider that the only ones who are actively happy about this are going to be the ones happy that the Xbox One console has more leverage, i.e. Xbox fans. Nintendo fans, Sony fans and PC gamers are going to range from angry to indifferent, but chances are the sheer numbers are going to lead to FAR more dissenting voices than approving ones. Consider where this was announced; Gamescom is a European affair, meaning that Microsoft is NOT the major player in terms of the region it largely caters to. This is telling Europe, on their stage, "Well, I know you guys didn't really hop on board with us last generation, but you see that really shiny, cool game you enjoyed before? Well, if you want it, prepare to pony up four hundred bucks! =D "

Just... man, three ways this could go. This is either going to turn out to be a really positive system selling move, it won't have much effect either way, or it's going to result in a round of Stay-Away-From-The-Xbox-One backlash we haven't seen since LAST summer.

Zanten, Doer Of The Things

Unless He Forgets In Which Case Zanten, Forgetter Of The Things

Or He Procrascinates, In Which Case Zanten, Doer Of The Things Later

Or It Involves Moving Furniture, in Which Case Zanten, F*** You.