By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do Challenging Platformers Still Exist?

Do you enjoy Challenging Platformers?

Yes, I enjoy my Platforme... 78 86.67%

No, I like my Platformers easy 10 11.11%

Total:88

I heard Tropical Freeze was hard.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network
haxxiy said:
kupomogli said:

[...]

Super Meat Boy.  Overrated as fuck.  I'm sure the only reason it's got as much praise as it has is because games get so much praise for being a hard game among the boat load of easy games now days, especially when it's advertised to be a hard game.  When it's advertised to be a hard game, everyone seems to think "Oh, I'm not a shitty gamer, it's just hard, so I won't bother about taking away points for shit design."  Compare this to other difficult games that are hard but not advertised as such, then you have these "gaming journalists" bitching about how they have to make pixel perfect jumps, rather than the true reason which is because they suck balls at video games. 

Repeat after me: I. Suck. At. Super. Meat. Boy.

Think what you want, I'm probably better at the game than you are.   

Nobody here was skilled enough to beat the original Rayman? Not surprised

I guess i will be the 1st individual to have defeated and dethroned the original Rayman on vgc. I thought you guys were supposed to be beasts!?

Anyway, I have Super Meat Boy and it's nice. I have already DEFEATED Donky Kong Tropical Freeze. I beat it in like 2 or 3 days and i had like 98 lives when i beat it. There was like 2 or 3 levels that i died a good number of time on but it wasn't anything serious.

In Rayman, i have like 19 lives, 5 continues  and i'm at Twilight Gulch. You don't understand how proud i am of those 19 lives at this point of the game lol. In Tropical Freeze, i was thinking " what the hell am i going to do with these 98 lives? THE CHAD DADDY AINT NO BITCH NOW! They might aswell would've did away with the life system completely 

I will see about Knack when i get my white PS4

Try " I Wanna be the Guy" if you really want to break your fucking PC monitor!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Joaco <3 N64 said:

Without using Power-ups, this was really hard and challenging for me.  Also, I found VVVV to be pretty hard.                                                                                                       

Definitely a difficult task for a largely easy game.   Some of those last stages were certainly not designed for the casual gamer.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network

battleblock theater is really hard and some of the communitymade stages are almost impossible, it´s a great game that was recently free on xbox 360 or you can get it on steam

Many games (not all, but quite a few) were also hard because of poor controls or jumping mechanics.