By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Call of Duty Advanced Warfare Multiplayer World Premier Stream / Discussion thread. Starting NOW

The instant death element of CoD does not lend itself well to the verticality/movement of Titanfall nor the special suit abilities of Crysis. It's going to be an extremely frustrating game to play, still dominated by campers and shit spawns.

Around the Network

That was all I needed to see. Just pre-ordered the Day Zero edition off Amazon. Its looking like I'm going to have a pretty big backlog across all three systems this holiday.

Looks pretty good, which is more than I can say for Ghosts at this point last year.

May be jumping back into CoD again after being soured by both Battlefield and Killzone.

Edit - This is brilliant

KylieDog said:

Just need a mech killstreak and Titanfall is irrelevant.

Not Titanfall levels of mech, but at around 3:45 in this video there is a guy in a full mech suit.

prayformojo said:
dangerguy said:
I'm very excited. This could be the refresh the series needs.

How can something be refreshing when it's just copying other FPS that came years before it?

That's my point, though.  The refresh this series needs.  Many of these things are in other games and are awesome game mechanics, but millions are entreched in COD and play nothing else.  And certainly lots of people have grown tired of COD and moved on and there are probably many more that are getting bored with the series.  It needs this and those dedicated COD loyalists won't realize it until the play it. 

The question is, what does this mean going forward?  What if people love it so much they're bored going back to the old mechanic?

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
episteme said:

I'll watch it because the mp tease at the end of the last trailer was promising:

Just need a mech killstreak and Titanfall is irrelevant.

Exactly! It actually looks like it could be fun for more than a few hours. I haven't played any CODs since MW2 so I may day zero this.

Instead of Titans the mechs are called Goliaths. Potato, potato..

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-goliath-rampage/2300-6420675/

Seems interesting but i'll probably won't get this for a while.

They've got some good ideas here but i'm not a big multiplayer guy. I prefer coop so we'll see what they show in that front soon enough

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Dunno if this is something from the stream (didn't watch it), but yeah.  It's definitely still Call of Duty; but now it looks like various other modern shooters too.  It's actually a little jarring.

Aww, I missed the premiere. It looks good but not sure if I'll get it.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

shikamaru317 said:
prayformojo said:
dangerguy said:
I'm very excited. This could be the refresh the series needs.

How can something be refreshing when it's just copying other FPS that came years before it?

If it was just copying one other game I'd say that it wouldn't be refreshing, but they seem to have taken some of the best features of multiple other shooters and combined them with traditional CoD elements. It's certainly the biggest change to the core CoD gameplay since CoD 4, so it could be just what the series needs to at least stop the declining sales numbers.  

I could see COD exclusive players feeling this way I suppose. I mean, the game really hasn't changed much over the years. I guess I was talking about the general FPS community when I made that comment. I think alot of those people will just laugh and call this COD Avdancedfall lol