By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Its over for the 360

roadkillers said:
I love how people forget that the PS3 hasnt released any of its big games. Sure they released minor new IP's like Uncharted, Resistence, Heavenly Sword, and many others. They have yet to release FFXIII, FFVersus, MGS4, God of War 3, GT5, Killzone 2, and many others.

Did anyone say PS3 was finished?!?!?!?!?!  You said 360 was finished, we've proven it's not, end of story.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

MS are in the console business for the long haul...They will ensure that each console they produce will be more successful than the previous one and hopefully more reliable...Sony will be nowhere near the dominating force they were last gen due to mostly to MS's efforts...
Trolling statements like "it's over for the 360" are ridiculous and will come back to bite hard...

Playing: Borderlands(great co-op,HUGE amount of content),Too Human(better late than never lol),Saints Row 3(Penetrator ftw),Minecraft 360,Harry Potter Lego. 

Patiently waiting for:  Tomb Raider, Borderlands 2

I don't believe it's over for the 360 but I do think the Ps3 is selling better now because of the Blu-ray victory. For a game system which a good blu-ray player you can't get a better deal than the PS3.

CaptainPrefrences said:
its not over for 360 yet. that 80gb bundle will kill any price drop or new sku ms has to offer.

here is the lineup for ps3 in 08: infamous, resistance 2, killzone 2, getaway 3, eight days, heavy rain, metal gear solid 4, tekken (cnt member what number), gt5p, ff7, gt5, and way more over 300 in fact

360: ninja gaiden 2, gears 2, fable 2.

now add home, free psn, in game xmb, blu ray, playtv, and all that good stuff o ya ds3 to the ps3 games and tell me in your honest opinion and dont be a fanboy, which you would rather have in 08

Lol

FF 7? Including GT 5 and prologue as two big block buster games?? Are those games even coming out this year? I highly doubt some of those will

You understand that 360 has games like Too human, Infinite Undiscovery, Banjo three, and other titles are coming right?

Owner of all consoles cept DS.....Currently in love with prototype!

@ shams

Wait, I was agreeing with you up until you said that 360 first support was 10x better than PS3s this year. Huh? I don't comprehend that. Sony has more titles coming out then MS does.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
thekitchensink said:
roadkillers said:
I love how people forget that the PS3 hasnt released any of its big games. Sure they released minor new IP's like Uncharted, Resistence, Heavenly Sword, and many others. They have yet to release FFXIII, FFVersus, MGS4, God of War 3, GT5, Killzone 2, and many others.

Did anyone say PS3 was finished?!?!?!?!?!  You said 360 was finished, we've proven it's not, end of story.

That's the problem with the PS3...  PS3 is living off of tired old franchises that have more marketing hype then gaming quality while 360 is bringing and brought exciting newer franchises out like like Gears, Frontlines, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Too Human, Alan Wake, Left 4 Dead, Mass Effect, Crackdown, APB, BioShock, etc.  PS3 tried some new franchises last year and only Drake, Warhawk, Resistance, and Heavenly Sword showed any promise.  Folklore bombed, Lair bombed, Eye of Judgement bombed, etc.

roadkillers said:

Yet ps3 has had major price drops in its first year, while 360 had a meek 50 buck price drop in almost 30 months.

360 has plenty of options just as well

I lol'd at all of the XBOX 360 Fanboys.

Now that they're console most likely will not be even in second place this generation how sloppy they're getting. Just twelve months ago, they were the market leader. Now they're not. Twlve months ago, they were outselling the PS3 on a weekly basis worldwide. now they're not. Twelve months ago, they were outselling the PS3 on a weekly basis in North America. now they're not. So all that they can say is that "PS3 is ONLY outselling us by 10-50k/week". It's so funny what a difference a year makes. Now it's okay to be outsold, as long as it's not more than fifty thousand units... LOL!

I'm not saying that MS is done, but for it to have lost for three weeks now in it's strongest region, it needs to send shockwaves through them.

Week ending February 24: 2007

PS3:27,602
XBOX 360:66,848

Week ending February 23, 2008
PS3:94,106
XBOX 360:87,569

The PS3 sales have tripled, and the 360 sales have went up by about forty percent. The XBOX 360 was outselling the PS3 2.2:1, now the PS3 is outselling the XBOX 360 by ~1.05:1

So a console that was being outsold by double is now outselling it's competition. I don't think that their is anything to say on this. It's just truth.

My Microsoft Mole just told me otherwise.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

DMeisterJ said:
This isn't the first or second time it's happened. It's the third time, in the past four weeks.

This is the same crap that people were spewing when PS3 first outsold 360 WW. "It's only happened a few times," etc., and now we're on like week number thirteen or fourteen (in a row) that it's outsold the XBOX 360. And yes, the gap is still 6.88 million away. But considering how little it was outselling the 360 by a few weeks ago (as little as five to ten thousand) to now, oustelling it by 40-50k per week, the gap is only closing, and they're outselling it by more and more.

People just need to understand it, the PlayStation 3 will continue to outsell the XBOX 360 worldwide, and in America, at least for a time to come. I would go on record to say that save for a few weeks this year, the PlayStation 3 WILL beat the XBOX 360 in every territory for the next ten months. I think that there will be a small battle in America, but for the PS3 to have even gotten close and surpassed them, compared to what they were doing last year (This week is a 200% increase from last year), Microsoft could be worried. Last year, the PS3 was selling nowhere near the XBOX 360 and now it's passing it in it's strongest market? People can use the excuse that it's only happened three times, but the sooner the truth is accepted, the better. As you see, no one is still going around saying that the PS3 won't outsell the XBOX 360 WW anymore, because it's been taken as law. By the end of April/May, it will be a given that the PlayStation 3 will outsell the XBOX 360 in each and every market until the end of oblivion.

Looks like I may get my 25% before this year is over!

Outsell the 360 in America with the release of GTA 4 and price drop. Im sorry but i highly doubt it. Actually im stating no way.