By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why you should support the Wii U this generation.

There is also the games.

Around the Network

I think the wii u is the best next gen console anyways. I know its the least powerful but I think the gamepad is awesome and the games are the best on it. If third party developers were to use the gamepad well they could actually have their games sell well.

Consoles owned: Wii U wii gamecube DS DS lite DSi 3DS Xbox 360 Gameboy Gameboy color Gameboy advance Gameboy Advance sp Gameboy micro and PC. 

Squeezol said:
I agree that people should support the Wii U (duh) but if I have to be honest I don't think a free online gaming future is anywhere near possible at this point.

Well I think Steam will always be free.

Consoles owned: Wii U wii gamecube DS DS lite DSi 3DS Xbox 360 Gameboy Gameboy color Gameboy advance Gameboy Advance sp Gameboy micro and PC. 

Squeezol said:
I agree that people should support the Wii U (duh) but if I have to be honest I don't think a free online gaming future is anywhere near possible at this point.

Totally possible, won't happen. PC gaming doesn't require it, it's not needed and is basically just extra revenue.

Paid online is a deal breaker to me, but sadly I think the next Nintendo console will be subscription based too.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

Around the Network

There are many reasons NOT to support Nintendo this gen.

1. Nintendo would force us to use technologies/gimmicks we actually don't want. MS was wise enough to drop Kinect, Nintendo has stubbornly refused to drop the reviled gamepad.

2. Nintendo would slow down graphical and technical advances. If it weren't for MS and Sony we wouldn't be playing games in HD quality.

3. A console that virtually only plays first party titles underlines an extremely questionable value proposition especially since it's only 100 dollars cheaper than the competition that does MORE. You get WAY less with the Wii U than the PS4/XB1.

So yeah please don't support the Wii U this gen.

As a PC gamer paid online sucks but that alone is not enough for me to support Nintendo over Sony or Microsoft. Support whoever gives you the games, hardware and features you want.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

I prefer pay online with games rather than free online with no games

I support Nintendo because they give me what I want.

1. They're cheap because cheap console
2. They're cheap because free online
3. They're cheap because I don't really have a lot to play, but whatever I end up playing is worth it.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

JazzB1987 said:
Squeezol said:

It is completely possible. Developers and publishers just need to stop removing player hosted servers.

And that's what I don't think they're going to do.