By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why you should support the Wii U this generation.

burninmylight said:
Ka-pi96 said:

But when others have it much easier and simpler why must there be such an inconvenience? If paying for online meant you could use your account and everything associated on it on different consoles without all that hassle I would gladly pay for it.

So you're telling me with a Sony or MS system, using games I bought on a different console is as easy as typing a username and PW? So theoretically, me and friends could pool all of our games together across two or more systems by sharing the same account?

Yes it is that easy, and yes people do do exactly that.



Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

Around the Network

It's a somewhat good argument on the OP. Unfortunately, I can't support the Wii U when they offer nothing that appeals to me.



Ka-pi96 said:
burninmylight said:
Ka-pi96 said:

But when others have it much easier and simpler why must there be such an inconvenience? If paying for online meant you could use your account and everything associated on it on different consoles without all that hassle I would gladly pay for it.

So you're telling me with a Sony or MS system, using games I bought on a different console is as easy as typing a username and PW? So theoretically, me and friends could pool all of our games together across two or more systems by sharing the same account?

Yes it is that easy, and yes people do do exactly that.


Then I believe I finally understand why everyone keeps whining for it nonstop. Also, I added more to my last post.



Nintendo has to earn my support and just offering free online won't cut it for that. I mean what good is it that I would theoretically not have to pay for online on the Wii U, if at the same time I would also have no access to any of the games I want to play online?



burninmylight said:

Also, ads are inconvenience on 360. Even with an Xbox Live paid membership, ads clutter the display, and make finding your games and apps harder to get to. Why shouldn't MS be more like Nintendo and have an ad-free OS, especially since you're already paying for its services? Why can't I use a third party HDD as well?

Vita memory cards are proprietary. Why isn't it more convenient like the 3DS, where you can use an SD card from any manufacturer? That would be so much less of a hassle. And why are there mandatory game installs on PS3 and PS4? If I don't want to purchase extra storage space or want to jump straight into a game, that is such a pain.


All very good points. While I don't really mind the mandatory installs, they are so quick you barely even notice on PS4, I can agree with everything else you said there.



Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
burninmylight said:

Also, ads are inconvenience on 360. Even with an Xbox Live paid membership, ads clutter the display, and make finding your games and apps harder to get to. Why shouldn't MS be more like Nintendo and have an ad-free OS, especially since you're already paying for its services? Why can't I use a third party HDD as well?

Vita memory cards are proprietary. Why isn't it more convenient like the 3DS, where you can use an SD card from any manufacturer? That would be so much less of a hassle. And why are there mandatory game installs on PS3 and PS4? If I don't want to purchase extra storage space or want to jump straight into a game, that is such a pain.


All very good points. While I don't really mind the mandatory installs, they are so quick you barely even notice on PS4, I can agree with everything else you said there.

Well what about the fact tha-

Hold on, what? Someone on the Internet agreeing with me and acknowledging that I may have a point?

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT YOU'RE TRYING TO PULL HERE?



burninmylight said:

Well what about the fact tha-

Hold on, what? Someone on the Internet agreeing with me and acknowledging that I may have a point?

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT YOU'RE TRYING TO PULL HERE?

That is one of the best posts I've ever seen on VGC



Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

burninmylight said:
oniyide said:

yes it is a fact, because every other console right now. Xbone not withstanding is doing better than WIi U. So that right there tells you people dont really mind paying a fee. So way to miss the point. If it was a big as a deal as you are making it out to be and the OP is PS4 and Xbone would not have had better sales in their first year than Wii U did, so explain that away.

As for the rest I have a 3ds, will get a Wii u, but lets use some common sense. The OP saying support the Wii U meaning dont get the other consoles because they charge for online. Isnt that the point of the thread? Cause if i buy ps4 or xone anyway it defeats the ops purpose. I am getting 4 and U eventually myself.


That's a roundabout way of saying only the PS4 is doing better than the Wii U in terms of home consoles, which kinda doesn't prove a whole lot. Add the 3DS if you include handhelds. And that has free online services too.

its not a round about way. Im SAYING PS4 is doing better than Wii U in terms of consoles (and in some weeks even 3ds). What doesnt it prove? if having to pay for online was such a big deal like the OP wants to believe it is. PS4 wouldnt be doing anywhere near as well as it is. Certainly wouldnt be number 1 and Wii U would be doing much better. 3ds? its a portable. why are we coming it to a home console?

Fact is the market has spoken, people will pay for something they see value in. Thats the way its always been. 



Mr.Playstation with a Halo display picture telling us to support Wii U. You must share the console love!
On a serious note: I'd have a problem with PS Plus if I didn't have a PS3 and PS Vita to make use of the free games since the PS4 offerings aren't really that great atm (but that's expected)



burninmylight said:
Ka-pi96 said:
burninmylight said:
Ka-pi96 said:

That's..... not really much different. Don't you have to like phone Nintendo up to get your account switched to a different console? That isn't the kind of things that should be needed in the present.

No, you don't.

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8983/p/431

That's not all that good still. One of the most important reasons to transfer an accound is if something goes wrong with your console. If my PS or Xbox goes wrong I just type in my password on a new one and redownload stuff easily. If my Wii U goes wrong then what? Yeah I know Nintendo consoles are incredibly reliable and it probably won't happen, but what if?

Then you acquire a new one, spend a few minutes of your precious time on the phone with an agent, get your NNID on your new system and download your games. Unless you're The Donald, where every minute of your time is worth hundreds of thousands of dollars and shifts the stock market, I don't think that's asking too much.

EDIT: I don't mean to come across as brash toward you specifically. I'm just tired of everyone who either doesn't own a Nintendo console or hasn't dealt with Nintendo customer service claiming your games are lost if the system is broken or stolen, or acting like dealing with customer service is trying to find a cure for cancer. It could be more convenient, but not nearly as bad as 90 percent of the Internet is making it out to be.

maybe those complaining should try playing there xbox live marketplace games on their new shiney xbox one system since there so happy it's tied to the account.....

The PS4/ps3 isn't much better but Vita(it's Sony's handheld system if your not familiar with it) helps to bridge the infrustrucer.