By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - A cut to 299 might not help X1 much

Captain_Tom said:
Yeah I agree. I think the Xbox One should be $250 to be a justifiable purchase. Of course this means I think the Wii U should be $150.

No, its a justfiable purchase if you feel the amount you pay is worth the money. I got mine at launch and I'm not complaining because I've used my X1 for couple hundred hours and have plenty to play.

$250 would be a bargain for a game console with that power, HDD, Bluray, etc.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
soony_xbone_U said:
Yes, a cut to 299 might not help much, if a cut to 349 is already increasing sales by 100 - 200%

And how much as the bump to do with the traditional seasonl bump and 3 free games bundle ?  A X1 at 299 with no free games and not near or in the holidays still does nothing to reach PS4 sales.

Puppyroach said:
A cut to 299$ with a redesign, released in the summer would probably cause an explosion in sales. We all know what happened when PS3 got its redesign and pricecut, we would probably see something similar.

X1 is not the PS3, stop thinking it can ever pull what the PS3 did.  It lacks the brand power and world wide sales to do similar.

A cut to 299 will casue a sony reaction, there is a reason they only cut X1 price in NA and caleld it temporary.  Last thing they want to do is motivate Sony into a cut of their own.  World wid eits bad enough already, a PS4 cut woudl push many marlets to 10-1 sale sin PS4s favor.  

BeElite said:
soony_xbone_U said:
Yes, a cut to 299 might not help much, if a cut to 349 is already increasing sales by 100 - 200%

And how much as the bump to do with the traditional seasonl bump and 3 free games bundle ?  A X1 at 299 with no free games and not near or in the holidays still does nothing to reach PS4 sales.

Ofc it would not do PS4 holiday sales in that case. But it would reach PS4 drough month sales

soony_xbone_U said:
BeElite said:
soony_xbone_U said:

Ofc it would not do PS4 holiday sales in that case. But it would reach PS4 drough month sales

No it woudlnt, Ms previous pushes already show that.  It would on occasion get close in NA but still get brutalized in Euroep and else where in the world.  

Around the Network

Guys, sony is no longer the king pin it one was! Sure it may win by about a 1.5:1 margin at BEST! But compare that to the PS2 era, where it outsold the xbox 8:1. It may win but who cares? It'll never be as big as PS2 was again!

BeElite said:
soony_xbone_U said:
BeElite said:
soony_xbone_U said:

No it woudlnt, Ms previous pushes already show that.  It would on occasion get close in NA but still get brutalized in Euroep and else where in the world.  

Like i get brutalized when i have to read ur post? What the heck is going on on the Internet these days? Hope u have a brutal weekend. Seems u like that kind of stuff.

Ofc it would not do that in continental Europe and most parts in the rest of the world. That triple the sales, was US and not worldwide.
And a pricecut won't simply generate demand out of nowehere in territories where u don't appeal to a wide range of consumer. Thats the reason, why MS has pricecuts in the US and UK, but not everywhere else.  They know how sales work

Puppyroach said:
A cut to 299$ with a redesign, released in the summer would probably cause an explosion in sales. We all know what happened when PS3 got its redesign and pricecut, we would probably see something similar.

But the PS3 wasn't weaker and had Blu Ray.  The X1 should be cheaper.

Mr Puggsly said:
Captain_Tom said:
Yeah I agree. I think the Xbox One should be $250 to be a justifiable purchase. Of course this means I think the Wii U should be $150.

No, its a justfiable purchase if you feel the amount you pay is worth the money. I got mine at launch and I'm not complaining because I've used my X1 for couple hundred hours and have plenty to play.

So it was justified for you.  But if you compare the hardware/performance differences and set the PS4 at $400 as the baseline you find that it really doesn't make any sense for the X1 to cost anywhere near the PS4.  At best the PS4 is 50% stronger, at worst it is twice as strong.  Then throw in all the little things like no bluetooth, less controller features, worse recording capabilites, slower UI, 10x longer install times, and worse free games.

If you can look past all of those things than fine, good for you.  I am saying that in my opinion it would take a substantially lower price for most people to justify that kind of inferiority.

Captain_Tom said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I am saying that in my opinion it would take a substantially lower price for most people to justify that kind of inferiority.

Most people don't buy consoles at launch price. That's not an opinion, just a fact.

Anyhow, there is no urgency to drop it to $250. A lot of people seem to feel $350 is justified.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)