By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor: Sony readying new PS4 SKU with 1TB storage for this Fall

poklane said:
So lets say the next thing happens:
- 500GB PS4 price cut to $350/$350
- 1TB PS4 announced for $400/€400
Would that increase sales? Probably not much right?

I think it would def increase sales 

Around the Network
poklane said:
So lets say the next thing happens:
- 500GB PS4 price cut to $350/$350
- 1TB PS4 announced for $400/€400
Would that increase sales? Probably not much right?

its a 50$ price cut. sales would soar. it would actually most likely increase sales more than just a 50$ price cut, because you are giving a new option for a 1TB model. those who want a cheaper PS4 get the regular for 50$ less, those who were sceptic about the memory would jump on the 1tb model. (though, those would be a few people). 

Alt Removed - Mod Team

Alt Removed - Mod Team

'PS4 Terabyte Edition" (important they call it that) for 429

booom, extra sales

Around the Network

Alt Removed - Mod Team

BlindLoyalty said:
Sony should drop the price of the 500 GB model to 349...ms am cry.

Hello FlamingWeazel,

No point in dropping the price. They are already making small profits at the current price. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

I dont belive its true, but would be very nice.

Annoying, but its the risk of being an early adopter.
As long as they do the right thing and sell their 1tb PS4 hdds, for cheaper than the price I could get a normal 1 TB, I'll b mostly ok.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Munkeh111 said:
platformmaster918 said:
Don't they normally not increase price but rather replace the older HDD with the same price? Prices have gone down on manufacturing and they're selling gangbusters so I'm guessing they'll just phase out the 500gb and introduce this as the new standard this November or early next year.

Right, but they're so comfortable now I don't see why'd they effectively cut the price (or value add). Maybe they expect Microsoft to do the same?

Either way, I think it's a good move. With some games taking up 50GB, you want to minimise the required hard drive management for the user. I haven't had any issues with capacity so far, but I have thought about making the jump to 2TB. Maybe that will happen with a slim model down the road

By the time the slim comes around it'll be at least 1tb.  Remember PS3 was 60gb and got up to 120gb with the slim and just kept increasing.  That'll be holiday 2015 at the earliest so I can't see them going less than that.  I'm probably going to upgrade to a 2tb sometime when I start to run out (still 300gb or so right now so I'm good).

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers