By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Tekken Dark Resurrection - a millionseller

EDIT - ok, make that 12 - but Im working off stats from VGCharts here. If they are missing PSP million sellers, may well be missing titles from other platforms as well. My point is simply to say that PSP software sales are terrible - esp. given a fairly strong hardware sale rate.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

I thought Monster Hunter Freedom 2 also sold a million in Japan only.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Monster Hunter Portable 2 sold around 1,200,000 in Japan

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

Hmm ... the million sellers seem to be incomplete, cause Monster Hunter Portable 2 should definitely be up there.

Ya I know, the site has been lacking a little bit since the update but im sure it will be updated within a month. I hope

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

Around the Network

also ....... I noticed the RFOM is now missing from the PS3 million sellers list.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Hmm ... interesting. ioi, what's up with the million sellers?

The American software totals aren't up anymore, but I remember a couple of weeks ago they were. Back then I calculated the total number of games sold per system sold and the PSP was at 3.75 and the DS was at 3.6. Proportionally, the PSP may not have many million sellers, but software-wise it's still selling games at about the same rate in the Americas. So Shams, software sales aren't abominable at all on the PSP.

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

shams said:
EDIT - ok, make that 12 - but Im working off stats from VGCharts here. If they are missing PSP million sellers, may well be missing titles from other platforms as well. My point is simply to say that PSP software sales are terrible - esp. given a fairly strong hardware sale rate.

I think you have a problem. I don't want to up this list to 12 titles to feel better. I just think developer's official confirmation is good enough to add title to the list to make it the most accurate. Obviously there are missing titles from other platforms too - noone is able to track everything. "Terrible" sales of PSP software only make it easier to find (only few titles). Chill out.