By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ryse 2 Could Release On PS4;, Crytek Not Too Happy With Xbox One Sales

Crytek is the hottest topic of the past 24 hours in the gaming industry. After announcing that Ryse will be released on PC later this Fall (you might want to check our comparison of the first PC screenshots versus the Xbox One version), CEO & Owner Cevat Yerli finally talked about the whole situation at Crytek in a very long and interesting interview published by Eurogamer.

Among other things, he talked about the fact that they’re not happy with the current Xbox One sales of Ryse (which is probably why they’re releasing it on PC), adding that Ryse 2 is still a possibility as despite the development issues (partially due to the nature of a launch title) they laid a great foundation for the sequel, which could be released anywhere, including PlayStation 4, as Ryse belongs to Crytek.

As a launch title the trouble comes from the fact that there are – there are NDA-related materials I can’t talk about – but the platform is being built at the same time we are building the game.

So, was it challenging? Definitely Ryse was one of the most challenging I have been involved in. And I have been involved from Far Cry forwards. It was a very tight development and definitely had its troubles. But are looking back at is a proud achievement.

Ryse was maybe not the best rated game, but what we achieved for launch was a great foundation for us to build up. I know there are a lot of gamers who are contacting me through different channels who want to see Ryse 2. There is a lot of positive feedback. We’re considering it.

We have a good relationship with Microsoft. We are constantly looking at what we can do together. We are not 100 per cent happy with Xbox One sales right now. So we want to wait till the current gen and next gen catches up. For Ryse 2, we aren’t saying it’s cancelled. It’s our IP. It just has to wait for the right timing. And the right timing means higher installed base across next-gen.

We can do whatever we want with it with whoever we want.

This begs the question as to why they’re not already doing Ryse on PS4; Deep Silver has confirmed they’re not planning it at the moment. Maybe Microsoft has some sort of agreement preventing the first game of this IP to be released on PlayStation platforms, or maybe Crytek is just waiting for a later date. Stay tuned to know more about Ryse 2, and everything else coming out of Gamescom next week.

http://www.worldsfactory.net/2014/08/08/ryse-2-could-release-ps4-says-yerli#43mDYUfrSTSBmVLM.99

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network
MoHasanie said:

We have a good relationship with Microsoft. We are constantly looking at what we can do together. We are not 100 per cent happy with Xbox One sales right now. So we want to wait till the current gen and next gen catches up. For Ryse 2, we aren’t saying it’s cancelled. It’s our IP. It just has to wait for the right timing. And the right timing means higher installed base across next-gen.

http://www.worldsfactory.net/2014/08/08/ryse-2-could-release-ps4-says-yerli#43mDYUfrSTSBmVLM.99

He wants to wait for there to be 150ish million PS4/XBOX Ones?

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Why would they make a part 2? Knack 2 and Ryse 2 need to not happen.

Thanks jlmurph!

Crytek is still alive?

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Meh, I didn't really care for it.

Around the Network

LOL, not too happy with the sales when about 1 fith of the install base owns their game..... Ha ha. Maybe they should learn not to shove so much into it with a small install base and if it is not going to be an ultimate killer game. part of me tells me though this isn't the Xbox's fault but the game itself. I don't think it would have done much better on the PS4.

http://gamepodunk.com/uploads//gallery/album_11/gallery_24_11_25397.jpg

ikki5 said:

LOL, not too happy with the sales when about 1 fith of the install base owns their game..... Ha ha. Maybe they should learn not to shove so much into it with a small install base and if it is not going to be an ultimate killer game. part of me tells me though this isn't the Xbox's fault but the game itself. I don't think it would have done much better on the PS4.

the game sucked and the XB1 isnt selling good. its that simple.

@OP: meh, its not like a Ryse 2 would actually sell, they are better off going with another Crysis game or making a New FPS IP

Ryse sucked major ass so I really don't care if the sequel also comes out for the PS4!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Ryse has gotten more attention in the last two days as crytek tries to distance themselves from xbox than it did its entire time as an exclusive.