By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Weekly XB1 overtaking Wii U thread: WIll it happen this year?

Who will be on top when January 1, 2015 arrives?

Wii U 810 89.40%

Xbox One 93 10.26%

Total:903
bananaking21 said:
i will say in september once destiny and other third party games start to hit the xb1.

I guess that's a joke, right?

They will sell around the same until Destiny comes out and over 600k more per week is a little much.

Around the Network
episteme said:
bananaking21 said:
i will say in september once destiny and other third party games start to hit the xb1.

They will sell around the same until Destiny comes out and over 600k more per week is a little much.

im lost. isnt this thread about weekly sales being higher. or is it about total sales?

bananaking21 said:
episteme said:
bananaking21 said:

im lost. isnt this thread about weekly sales being higher. or is it about total sales?

total sales

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

As we've seen with Watch Dogs, third party games don't seem to affect XB1 positively. People buy the XB1 for exclusives and because they are loyal fans of the brand. The mass market has basically rejected the product though. The $399 SKU seems to have actually done nothing more than to give a bump in early June at the cost of May. 36k/week? Ehhhhhh. From a source that religiously overtracks XB1?

I think mid 2015 at the earliest, unless Nintendo doesn't drop the U price. A lot more people would pick one up for a second system at $199. Whereas even at $299, the XB1 doesn't make a ton of sense as a second system unless you REALLY love Halo (and in that case you probably already bought one at $400-500).

COD sold 1.9m on XB1, ACIV 840k, Battlefield 1.4m, Watchdogs 1m.

Yes PS4 multiplats sell much better, that doesn't mean multiplats don't sell XB1's. They clearly do.

Around the Network
Seece said:

Yes PS4 multiplats sell much better, that doesn't mean multiplats don't sell XB1's. They clearly do.

The issue here though is: Are people going to pick up an XB1 for the multiplat games that it has typically seen high attach rates with, or are they going to get the PS4?  The third party games moving XB systems concept is going to take a large hit due to the XB1 not being the "it" console for gamers.

Neodegenerate said:
Seece said:

The issue here though is: Are people going to pick up an XB1 for the multiplat games that it has typically seen high attach rates with, or are they going to get the PS4?  The third party games moving XB systems concept is going to take a large hit due to the XB1 not being the "it" console for gamers.

Well depending on which country we're talking about, (say US) 60% will chose PS4, 40% XB1 for instance. You don't get a large portion of consumers that give a shit about where it looks best, majority don't have a clue and will buy consoles based on price and where their friends are/what they've heard.

Now they're both on par price wise, yes multiplats can easily sell XB1's. And have done since it released.

Seece said:

They did back during launch, when people were not the wiser. This holidays will be different as:

1. People now know the PS4 is all around better

2. By the time multiplat season comes around, the NA gap may be as big as 1 million. That means 1 million people extra trying to get their friends on board.

wary-wallaroo said:
Seece said:

They did back during launch, when people were not the wiser. This holidays will be different as:

1. People now know the PS4 is all around better

2. By the time multiplat season comes around, the NA gap may be as big as 1 million. That means 1 million people extra trying to get their friends on board.

And even throughout PS360 generation when 360 continued to grow (and eventually gained 15m on PS3) multiplats still sold PS3 as seen with the bumps it got in months where notable multiplats released but no exclusives.

First bit is your opinion, a lot of people are still uninformed about both consoles and right now all PS4 has is better looking exclusives, same as what 360 had last gen. Other than that, nothing.

Seece said:
Neodegenerate said:
Seece said:

Well depending on which country we're talking about, (say US) 60% will chose PS4, 40% XB1 for instance. You don't get a large portion of consumers that give a shit about where it looks best, majority don't have a clue and will buy consoles based on price and where their friends are/what they've heard.

Now they're both on par price wise, yes multiplats can easily sell XB1's. And have done since it released.

most of those were launch titles so they would sell well regardless 

watch dogs was the true first big 3rd party game and that only gave a 10k boost that lasted for a week(and sales went down very quickly)

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3