By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Weekly XB1 overtaking Wii U thread: WIll it happen this year?

Who will be on top when January 1, 2015 arrives?

Wii U 810 89.40%

Xbox One 93 10.26%

Total:903
Seece said:
I can't really take anyone seriously that says Captain Toad and Bayonetta are going to raise the baseline of WiiU.

I can't really take anyone serious that says multyplats are going to increase the baseline of the x1. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network
eva01beserk said:
Seece said:
I can't really take anyone seriously that says Captain Toad and Bayonetta are going to raise the baseline of WiiU.

I can't really take anyone serious that says multyplats are going to increase the baseline of the x1. 

What do you think sold so many PS360's? Like they're even comparable. Of course multiplats will increase the baseline of XB1, it's common sense. The proof is there FYI. 1.9m COD sales.

eva01beserk said:
Seece said:

Multiplats raise the baseline as a group if anything, their mere presence makes the platform alice (it's probably over 90% of the releases).

Same goes for Bayonetta/2 and captain toad, individually they may not get a lot of people to buy the Wii U, but they populate the library, and will probably be good... at least good enough for a loot of people to consider the machine more seriously.

All in all, all games count, they just don't equally... but in numbers, when you have enough titles to make your machine look more interesting and the platform alive they make a difference, if anything just by giving the impression of choice and variety in the library.

Talking about variety, where are the good JRPGs these days, I have to replay the old Y's games to get some fun in that department

Seece said:
eva01beserk said:
Seece said:

What do you think sold so many PS360's? Like they're even comparable. Of course multiplats will increase the baseline of XB1, it's common sense. The proof is there FYI. 1.9m COD sales.

Toad and Bayo ehhhh.   PS360 split the marlet, PS4 is domminating.  X1 will get marginal if at all noticable bumps.  Maybe neither of you can be taken seriosuly. 

Seece said:

Watchdogs released during a period people knew a cheaper Xbox was coming ....

And when the cheaper Xbox came out, how well did that turn out?

Seece said:

We've not seen sales for July yet, all we know is it did around 200k in June in US.

But it's a very dry period for XB1 (and will continue until Madden later this month) whereas WiiU just got a huge game and it's just on par with XB1. What does that tell you?

What do you think sales would look like if WiiU didn't get any big game and XB1 just got Halo? XB1 would be outselling it X4.

So you are ignoring VGC numbers and solely basing your prediction around assumed NPD figures. 

Also, how is this not a dry period for Wii U just the same?   Didn't Mario Kart 8 and Watch Dogs both launch at practically the same time ago? 

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network
BeElite said:
Seece said:

Toad and Bayo ehhhh.   PS360 split the marlet, PS4 is domminating.  X1 will get marginal if at all noticable bumps.  Maybe neither of you can be taken seriosuly. 

Don't like repeating myself but, look at a market like US. 360 dominated PS3 there. Yet PS3 still got noticeable bumps during multiplat releases there. Explain?

Dang this is getting intense even a mod is in for the fight XD

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Seece said:

standard holiday to non-holiday sales ratio would predict that this holiday xbox sells 4M and wiiU sells 3M a difference of 1 M. currently xbox lags wiiU by 1.9M.

so math says wiiU will still be ahead at the end of 2014.

Viper1 said:
Seece said:

Watchdogs released during a period people knew a cheaper Xbox was coming ....

And when the cheaper Xbox came out, how well did that turn out?

Seece said:

We've not seen sales for July yet, all we know is it did around 200k in June in US.

But it's a very dry period for XB1 (and will continue until Madden later this month) whereas WiiU just got a huge game and it's just on par with XB1. What does that tell you?

What do you think sales would look like if WiiU didn't get any big game and XB1 just got Halo? XB1 would be outselling it X4.

So you are ignoring VGC numbers and solely basing your prediction around assumed NPD figures. 

Also, how is this not a dry period for Wii U just the same?   Didn't Mario Kart 8 and Watch Dogs both launch at practically the same time ago? 

Cheaper Xbox has been ineffective (partially, it still raised sales in US to 200k. Because Titanfall for $399 ruined the value proposition, MS shot themselves in the foot. When more $399 bundles come along like the Madden and Sunset ones, they will be more appealing.

Yes I'm ignoring VGC figures (for now). What is and isn't dry for WiiU? MK is still clearly having an effect on sales.