By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do You Think Mario Kart 8 is Doing its Job?

NintendoPie said:
There's too much Sheldon Cooper in this thread for me to enjoy it anymore.

I'm sorry, NintendoPie! It was all my damn fault! :S

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

Yes. It boosted Wii U sales like Nintendo wanted.

Sort of. It did increase sales but not nearly enough to be a real comeback. However, the most important thing it and E3 did was drastically change the perception of the system from total DOOOOOOOOOM to something much more positive. It seems like people actually want to root for the system now as opposed to dismissing it completely, and that's a huge turnaround from where it was before.

Heck, an IGN editor of all people actually wrote a rather positive opinion piece about her return to Nintendo:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/06/rediscovering-nintendo

NNID: TheCCluc

Doubled the baseline, need I say more?

Smash Bros 4 will increase it by the same amount or double it again.

WhiteEaglePL said:

Double it again? That would be so damn nice, but I think the WiiU's baseline is going to be ~80k after Smash!

Around the Network
AZWification said:
WhiteEaglePL said:

Double it again? That would be so damn nice, but I think the WiiU's baseline is going to be ~80k after Smash!

I really wonder how long the Mario Kart 8 baseline bump is going to last... Forever? I cant imagine that.
However, i dont see it dropping under the 50k mark anytime soon. Once we get to october the sales should rise anyway and Smash will be a big systemseller at the end of the year. Next year isnt looking any worse with Splatoon, Zelda U, Yoshi's WW and so on...

Also the Amiibos might do something, who knows!

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

It's exceeded my expectations tbh.

RealGamingExpert said:

I really wonder how long the Mario Kart 8 baseline bump is going to last... Forever? I cant imagine that.
However, i dont see it dropping under the 50k mark anytime soon. Once we get to october the sales should rise anyway and Smash will be a big systemseller at the end of the year. Next year isnt looking any worse with Splatoon, Zelda U, Yoshi's WW and so on...

I do wonder if the Amiibos have a chance of really taking off and becoming hits or something!

AZWification said:
RealGamingExpert said:

I do wonder if the Amiibos have a chance of really taking off and becoming hits or something!

I do think that they will sell better than skylanders. I think that shouldnt even be a big problem. They will make them a lot of money, but i doubt that they will move consoles.... But who knows! Skylanders seems to sell less on the next gen consoles, maybe its Nintendos time to shine now!

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

RealGamingExpert said:

I do think that they will sell better than skylanders. I think that shouldnt even be a big problem. They will make them a lot of money, but i doubt that they will move consoles.... But who knows! Skylanders seems to sell less on the next gen consoles, maybe its Nintendos time to shine now!

The ZSS Amiibo will definitely make shitloads of money!