By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart 8 Patch Coming: On-TV Map, Stats Screen, and Improved Online: DLC, 3 Models of... Pics+Vid Here!

W 25 will be one of my new mains. 

Player2 said:

I like the map but not the Mercedes, specially the W25. Why choose a car that was developed with financial support from Hitler?

By that logic, we should ban rockets in games cos they were a technology spearheaded under Hitler's reign. And then space settings, cos those imply rocket use. Goodbye Halo, Mass Effect, Starcraft...

Around the Network
Kristof81 said:

No battle mode and still those stupid coins? And no mention about item destrubution. Let me know when they gonna fix IMPORTENT issues in this game, then I'll start playing it again. At this point, for me, it still remains second worst MK in the series. 

Why do people keep complaining about the damn coins?! I don't get it! >_>

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

curl-6 said:

Player2 said:

I like the map but not the Mercedes, specially the W25. Why choose a car that was developed with financial support from Hitler?

By that logic, we should ban rockets in games cos they were a technology spearheaded under Hitler's reign. And then space settings, cos those imply rocket use. Goodbye Halo, Mass Effect, Starcraft...

I don't like the use of certain models with conflictive origins when not needed, not the technology itself.

Player2 said:
curl-6 said:

Player2 said:

I don't like the use of certain models with conflictive origins when not needed, not the technology itself.

Fair enough, but I highly doubt more than 0.1% of players are going to have any idea which government funded the production of a car featured in a cartoon Kart racer.

Where's my fleshed out battle mode?

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network
Player2 said:

What about VW Beetles in racing games?

Well, it's the original "Silver Arrow" (the one where they removed the paint because it was too heavy) and pretty iconic. Do you think that it's distasteful of Mercedes to use silver Formula 1 cars today?

ganondorf7799 said:

Is Wario gigantic or is that car not enough car?

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

episteme said:
Player2 said:

What about VW Beetles in racing games?

Well, it's the original "Silver Arrow" (the one where they removed the paint because it was too heavy) and pretty iconic. Do you think that it's distasteful of Mercedes to use silver Formula 1 cars today?

Maybe I should've been more clear in my first post. The issue with the W25 is that the government handed money to German car manufacturers because they wanted to use (their victories in) car racing as a way to promote their German superiority propaganda (racism). This isn't the case of the VW Beetle.

EDIT - That being said, I'm fine with cars like the W25 or the Auto Union C in games like Forza or GT, they're part of motor racing history. But as one of the only three real life cars which are already out of place in a game with fantasy cars? No.

This is actually a very exciting update. I may have to play MK8 again once its up.

But yeah all these things should have been in the game from the get go.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

Sounds awesome. The on screen map was a big feature that the game was missing.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54