By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Naughty Dog "nickeling and diming"?

Tagged games:

Goatseye said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Except these complaints are about the most recent stuff, which isn't included in the season pass, which was just headgear and gestures

This is what people are talking about in the TLOU forum:

+ OtterX on August 5th, 2014 at 11:40 am said:

Tell me this: In February, did you or did you not know that TLOU Remastered was in production and that it would include Left Behind? You gladly took my $20 for my season pass in February, only to turn around and include that content in the Remastered edition. I feel you guys purposely withheld this information to milk more money. I feel cheated. I would not have bought a season pass in February if I had known it would all be included in the July Remastered rerelease. I feel like you guys don’t care and are like “Okay, tough luck.” I paid $130 into TLOU so far.

Yeah, that complaint really makes no sense at all. Nobody forced him to buy the Remaster and GOTY Editions that include DLC are basically common practice.

His complaint makes about as much sense as saying "I bought this game at full price and now it has become cheaper and you don't even care that I paid full price"

Around the Network

Really? People still go nuts. Last Of Us really doesn't get a break. I understand if said DLC is disc locked. That's lame. Or Day 1 DLC. But stuff that's made like 2 years later? Who cares. Don't buy it. I almost never buy DLC. It's just costumes and fluff. People do go insane over this subject too much. Did people go insane over the fact the Mark 5 Halo armor wasn't available in Halo 4? The guys that work on freaking Red VS Blue use it as a story point. But they didn't go crazy the armor wasn't available, at launch.

It's just cosmetic stuff, like Killzone shadow fall. As long as any new maps that get released are free (also like KZ SF) then there is no issue here.

DerNebel said:

Yeah, that complaint really makes no sense at all. Nobody forced him to buy the Remaster and GOTY Editions that include DLC are basically common practice.

His complaint makes about as much sense as saying "I bought this game at full price and now it has become cheaper and you don't even care that I paid full price"

His issue was not your point entirely.

You gladly took my $20 for my season pass in February, only to turn around and include that content in the Remastered edition. I feel you guys purposely withheld this information to milk more money. I feel cheated. I would not have bought a season pass in February if I had known it would all be included in the July Remastered rerelease.

KylieDog said:
Intrinsic said:
So people want new stuff, but don't want to pay for it. And if asked to pay, it becomes nickel and diming.

How about people just don't buy it? Not like they're holding a gun to your head.

Again, not buying can put you at a disadvantage.  People don't mind things like new maps, the microtansaction stuff is what people dislike.

that's completely reversed, people should MIND paid maps and be okay with this silly microtransaction fluff. hats, masks and tautns aren't going to give someone an advantage

Around the Network
archer9234 said:
Really? People still go nuts. Last Of Us really doesn't get a break. I understand if said DLC is disc locked. That's lame. Or Day 1 DLC. But stuff that's made like 2 years later? Who cares. Don't buy it. I almost never buy DLC. It's just costumes and fluff. People do go insane over this subject too much. Did people go insane over the fact the Mark 5 Halo armor wasn't available in Halo 4? The guys that work on freaking Red VS Blue use it as a story point. But they didn't go crazy the armor wasn't available, at first.

Again:

Looking further out, the developer teased that another expansion with new maps and weapons will be released "two weeks from now.

Goatseye said:
archer9234 said:
Really? People still go nuts. Last Of Us really doesn't get a break. I understand if said DLC is disc locked. That's lame. Or Day 1 DLC. But stuff that's made like 2 years later? Who cares. Don't buy it. I almost never buy DLC. It's just costumes and fluff. People do go insane over this subject too much. Did people go insane over the fact the Mark 5 Halo armor wasn't available in Halo 4? The guys that work on freaking Red VS Blue use it as a story point. But they didn't go crazy the armor wasn't available, at first.

Again:

Looking further out, the developer teased that another expansion with new maps and weapons will be released "two weeks from now.

Again, who cares. It's optional stuff. Even the DLC story stuff done before is a option. What are you really losing? Half the time people who buy the maps are screwed. Because the majority don't have them. And aren't in rotation all that often.

Goatseye said:
archer9234 said:

Again:

They had already said that before the Remaster was released. On the two twitch streams 1 week before release they said it all. Scoped guns and 2 maps.

Though they haven't said if it'll cost or be free

The only DLC that has somewhat pissed me off with TLoU: R has been the weapons pack, and that's only because I feel like it should have been included in the main game since we got the Grounded mode, but that's whatever. Things like hats, masks, and gestures, who gives a shit? They do nothing to affect the gameplay and are just cool little things for players to decorate their characters if they so choose. Overall, it's just optional, and ND isn't forcing people to buy any of it.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

"let's shove (some more DLC) down their throat"

Words can't express how much I hate this phrase. Nobody is shoving anything down your throat. You have the option not to buy it. It's not like they are introducing a fat Ellie to make a point (discourage fat shaming) and it replaces the older model. This is completely optional. You are not forces to do anything. How hard is that to get?