By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Naughty Dog "nickeling and diming"?

Tagged games:

Raziel123 said:

They had already said that before the Remaster was released. On the two twitch streams 1 week before release they said it all. Scoped guns and 2 maps.

Though they haven't said if it'll cost or be free

That wouldn't really matter for the guys that pre-ordered or bought a season pass?

Around the Network

People post this, everyone defends the games policies and act as if anyone other than a selected few in a blatent clickbait article are complaining. It is so easy to rile up fanboys and earn money from them.

OT:Id be a bit more pissed knowing that they are releasing real DLC(maps, weapons ect) shortly after the release of Remastered.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Goatseye said:
Raziel123 said:

They had already said that before the Remaster was released. On the two twitch streams 1 week before release they said it all. Scoped guns and 2 maps.

Though they haven't said if it'll cost or be free

That wouldn't really matter for the guys that pre-ordered or bought a season pass?

Why? They bought the season pass for the PS3 game, this new DLC exists because of the remaster. And again, we don't even know if it'll be paid or not.

Pre-ordered? Who cares about those? I pre-ordered 2-3 days before release because like any sensible costumer i was waiting until more information. Those that don't won't get my sympathies.

the-pi-guy said:
Goatseye said:

His issue was not your point entirely.

You gladly took my $20 for my season pass in February, only to turn around and include that content in the Remastered edition. I feel you guys purposely withheld this information to milk more money. I feel cheated. I would not have bought a season pass in February if I had known it would all be included in the July Remastered rerelease.

The problem with this is that A: the remastered edition wasn't even announced in February.  B: He wasn't forced to buy the remastered version.   C: He gladly gave 20$ for his season pass.  Do you think people were given warnings 1.5 years ago that, "Hey buddy, don't buy that.  The PS4 is going to get announced tomorrow.  You don't need a PS3."  

You don't need to announce it 1.2 years before it gets released but bombard DLCs just after the season pass is over, is not the type of business I like to deal with.

CDiablo said:
People post this, everyone defends the games policies and act as if anyone other than a selected few in a blatent clickbait article are complaining. It is so easy to rile up fanboys and earn money from them.

OT:Id be a bit more pissed knowing that they are releasing real DLC(maps, weapons ect) shortly after the release of Remastered.

People, read the OP. XD

"Looking further out, the developer teased that another expansion with new maps and weapons will be released "two weeks from now."

Around the Network
Goatseye said:

You don't need to announce it 1.2 years before it gets released but bombard DLCs just after the season pass is over, is not the type of business I like to deal with.

Bombard? "Just after"? It's been a few months since it ended, and you do know that they also stopped selling the season pass don't you?

Raziel123 said:

Why? They bought the season pass for the PS3 game, this new DLC exists because of the remaster. And again, we don't even know if it'll be paid or not.

Pre-ordered? Who cares about those? I pre-ordered 2-3 days before release because like any sensible costumer i was waiting until more information. Those that don't won't get my sympathies.

This is the title of PS blog:

The Last of Us: New Add-ons Out Today on PS4, PS3

Goatseye said:
Raziel123 said:

This is the title of PS blog:

The Last of Us: New Add-ons Out Today on PS4, PS3

Yes, because of the remaster. Or did you want them to withhold the DLC from the PS3 version? Wouldn't that just make it worse?

Raziel123 said:

Bombard? "Just after"? It's been a few months since it ended, and you do know that they also stopped selling the season pass don't you?

Give this link a quick read read if you're interested:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/08/05/the-last-of-us-new-add-ons-out-today-on-ps4-ps3/comment-page-2/#comments

I can't pretend to like it at all, but as far as I can tell, it is purely cosmetic

They started this with Uncharted 3 and if people want to pay for this stuff, more money to Naughty Dog. I wish they wouldn't so they'd stop this practise, but it clearly makes them money