By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Angry Joe The Last Of Us Remastered Review 10/10 "Well crafted masterpiece"

this is becoming VGTLoUartz.com

Around the Network
random15 said:
AZWification said:

From what I remember, AJ only owned a 360 during the last generation, so TLOU: Remastered is pretty much the perfect game for him since he never got to play the PS3 version!

It makes so much sense right?

Yeah! TLOU: Remastered was made pretty much for gamers like Angry Joe!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

bananaking21 said:
this is becoming VGTLoUartz.com

LMAO and this is certainly NOT thanks to the TLoU threads

HBninjaX said:
I'm a bit skeptical. I put down Uncharted 2 after a couple hours and everyone was crowing about how awesome that game was

that probably was a mistake.

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

HBninjaX said:
I'm a bit skeptical. I put down Uncharted 2 after a couple hours and everyone was crowing about how awesome that game was

I hear you man. Uncharted wasn't a very good series to me. Glorious (and varied!) visuals aside, the exploration was crap. The gunplay was oh-so-tedious... Wave after wave of identical goons - oh wait! Here comes a guy in armour, I hope I have a grenade left! And the story gets praised as if it's some miracle, but it's too in-your-face to me - not subtle enough.

I understand why someone wouldn't like it. Gameplay wise it just wasn't very good. Gears of War shat on it gameplay wise. When I was nearing the end of Uncharted 3 (for reference, I played all 3), I just wanted the damn thing to end. Even worse, all three games used the same story model and the extreme twists and turns were off-putting to say the least.

That said, I still enjoyed the series, and would still rate Uncarted 1/2/3 with scores of 8/8/7.

All in all, I feel ND are slightly overrated. If those were 3rd party games then they wouldn't nearly have as much of a following.

Nevertheless, I'm going to get TLOU on PS4 (haven't played it yet!) and play it with an open mind. Too many people have said good things about it. I think, with expectations and hype kept in check, it might just be worth the money.

My 10 cents :)

Around the Network
Anfebious said:
I think we have our game of the generation with TLOU: Remastered. Honestly I think there is no game in this entire 8th gen that will ever match this monster. Well done Naughty Dog... Well done.

You sound like you haven't played games for very long.

Richard_Feynman said:
HBninjaX said:

I hear you man. Uncharted wasn't a very good series to me. Glorious (and varied!) visuals aside, the exploration was crap. The gunplay was oh-so-tedious... Wave after wave of identical goons - oh wait! Here comes a guy in armour, I hope I have a grenade left! And the story gets praised as if it's some miracle, but it's too in-your-face to me - not subtle enough.

I understand why someone wouldn't like it. Gameplay wise it just wasn't very good. Gears of War shat on it gameplay wise. When I was nearing the end of Uncharted 3 (for reference, I played all 3), I just wanted the damn thing to end. Even worse, all three games used the same story model and the extreme twists and turns were off-putting to say the least.

That said, I still enjoyed the series, and would still rate Uncarted 1/2/3 with scores of 8/8/7.

All in all, I feel ND are slightly overrated. If those were 3rd party games then they wouldn't nearly have as much of a following.

Nevertheless, I'm going to get TLOU on PS4 (haven't played it yet!) and play it with an open mind. Too many people have said good things about it. I think, with expectations and hype kept in check, it might just be worth the money.

May I ask what games you think are 10/10 worthy? 

random15 said:
DerNebel said:
random15 said:

RDR, Guild Wars 2, Skyrim, and now TLoU.

Ah ok, not sure if Skyrim deserved it with how buggy the game is or at least was at launch (and Joe normally points those things out)

I personally have not played it yet (I am going to amend that mistake soon though) but all I hear is great things from it, of course aside from its technical issues, but people tend to over-exxagerate about this stuff and I rarely face this issues. 

I only ever played it a little myself, but that's what I constantly hear, that the game was a buggy mess at launch, don't know how exaggerated that is.

what difficulty was he playing on?. I watched a little bit, with him playing the beginning. Oh man he sucked.. lol

but i like how he loves the game :) its awesome in so many ways. so many tricks, techniques, ways to get past each area, still finding new ways lol

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

Richard_Feynman said:
HBninjaX said:

Good overhype is never good.to much hype is never good.

Make your own decision !