By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Etrian Odyssey 2 remake announced for 3DS

Tagged games:

Haven't seen this posted anywhere yet

Watch the debut trailer for the winter 2014-due sequel.

Famitsu this week reveals New Etrian Odyssey 2: Knight of Fafnir for 3DS.

Due out winter 2014 in Japan, the game is the sequel to last year’s Etrian Odyssey Untold: Millennium Girl, featuring a new protagonist and characters. Madhouse is doing the animated scenes, and Kanako Ito is doing the theme song.

Here’s the cast:

• Protagonist – voiced by Hikaru Midorikawa
  • Arianna – voiced by Risa Taneda
  • Flavio – voiced by Daisuke Namikawa
  • Beltran – voiced by Keiji Fujiwara
  • Chloe – voiced by Yuka Iguchi

There appears to be a new gameplay element where the protagonist can “transform” during battle, Famitsu teases.

Watch the debut trailer below. Visit the game’s official website here.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2014/08/etrian-odyssey-2-remake-announced-3ds#2F3hPMZgg91jq0pD.99

Around the Network

So is this a remake or sequel, because I'm confused

Smear-Gel said:
So is this a remake or sequel, because I'm confused

A remake of the sequel

I never played the original so I might grab this one. I have yet to beat untold though...

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

I hope this will be released in Europe because the original didn't.

Around the Network

I enjoyed what I've played of EO IV, but there's a lot of games I wanna get this year. A nice eShop sale might change my mind though :D

LOVED EOIV and I am still playing Untold, very likely to pick this one up as well. Although of all the 3DS remakes, I am still waiting on the long promised Devil Survivor 2 remake/enhanced port that I was promised so long back.

Well, because Etrian Odyssey 2 is my least favorite game of the franchise. I think i'll have to wait for ratings to see if it deserves a replay or not.