By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Weekly Software/Hardware 26 July 2014

Angelv577 said:
So according to the main page, ps4 went up 200k. nice adjustment.

No adjustment yet. It had 8.74m according to Vgchartz the week before and is now at 8.85m, it's just a matter of rounding.

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
Angelv577 said:
So according to the main page, ps4 went up 200k. nice adjustment.

No adjustment yet. It had 8.74m according to Vgchartz the week before and is now at 8.85m, it's just a matter of rounding.

ahh too bad. have to keep waiting for it.

would be funny to see ps4 undertracked on VGchartz by around a million xD but i think they must be pretty accurated (may be just 100k off) last time when sony announced 7mil the numbers were even (if im not mistaken)

bananaking21 said:
about fucking time. PS4 crushing the other consoles.

It's  not >50% this week so clearly it is weakening badly; at least that's what some people would have us believe.

And on that note, do we have a pre-TLOUR dip here? It's only about a 5.5% drop but normal fluctuations around baseline are 2 to 3 percent.

How much of a concern is it to MS that kinectless hasn't lifted Xb one into a clear 2nd place? Is it a wait and see what HMCC, Destiny, CoD, FH2, SO, and third tier countries do for Xb one before looking for more solutions to lift sales?

Well done WiiU for holding on to 2nd spot. But I won't call those good numbers. If PS3 deserved criticism for hitting 60 to 70k lows during its worst years (and it did) I will not praise such lows in other consoles. And neither should Nintendo fans praise such low achievement merely because 30k was the norm prior to MK8.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Wazowski said:

would be funny to see ps4 undertracked on VGchartz by around a million xD but i think they must be pretty accurated (may be just 100k off) last time when sony announced 7mil the numbers were even (if im not mistaken)

They weren't even... and you have to remember that Sony was basically saying every million gained, so VGC could correct every time... they haven't got a single NPD right, so you imagine that they also fucked up all WW.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
sully1311 said:
DonFerrari said:
sully1311 said:

That would be a very very limited stock situation worldwide again. They're are plenty of PS4s in the channel now. Maybe off by 100-200k Max but nowhere near 700k.

9.7-10M shipped as of June 30th... so almost 6 weeks later we could expect like 500-800k more shipments... so that would be on minimun 10.2M and max of 10.8M shipped right now... so if sales are between 9.5-9.7M that would leave between 500k-1.3M... do you think this is small inventory?

I seriously wouldn't be surprised by a 10M announcement at Gamescon on August 12nd.

I think they will be around the 9.5m-9.6m mark at Gamescom

So do you think that at gamescom... PS4 could be shipped between 10.5-11M consoles but would have sold only 9.5-9.6M? That would be a whole lot of consoles on shelf so early in PS4 lifetime... I could imagine 1-3M being in Sonys warehouse stocking for holidays, but shipped is sent to retailers... there is no evidence to imagine 1+M on shelves. And by VGC numbers PS4 would be around 9.1-9.2 at Gamescom... so even by your account that would be 300k-500k difference... more than you said was possible.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:
sully1311 said:
DonFerrari said:
sully1311 said:

That would be a very very limited stock situation worldwide again. They're are plenty of PS4s in the channel now. Maybe off by 100-200k Max but nowhere near 700k.

9.7-10M shipped as of June 30th... so almost 6 weeks later we could expect like 500-800k more shipments... so that would be on minimun 10.2M and max of 10.8M shipped right now... so if sales are between 9.5-9.7M that would leave between 500k-1.3M... do you think this is small inventory?

I seriously wouldn't be surprised by a 10M announcement at Gamescon on August 12nd.

So do you think that at gamescom... PS4 could be shipped between 10.5-11M consoles but would have sold only 9.5-9.6M? That would be a whole lot of consoles on shelf so early in PS4 lifetime... I could imagine 1-3M being in Sonys warehouse stocking for holidays, but shipped is sent to retailers... there is no evidence to imagine 1+M on shelves. And by VGC numbers PS4 would be around 9.1-9.2 at Gamescom... so even by your account that would be 300k-500k difference... more than you said was possible.

Yep sold 9.5-.6m shipped a million more, whats so bad about that? The thing is selling. I meant 100-200k undertracked up to today sorry, not where VGChartz are at the moment

sully1311 said:
DonFerrari said:
sully1311 said:

Yep sold 9.5-.6m shipped a million more, whats so bad about that? The thing is selling. I meant 100-200k undertracked up to today sorry, not where VGChartz are at the moment

The problem is that would be 10% of the inventory and selling around 100k weekly would mean 2 months of inventory spread out... doesn't make much sense at this time of the year... 300k on store shelves and 200k in transit would make sense... 1M+ is too much.

DonFerrari said:

The problem is that would be 10% of the inventory and selling around 100k weekly would mean 2 months of inventory spread out... doesn't make much sense at this time of the year... 300k on store shelves and 200k in transit would make sense... 1M+ is too much.

We will see, I'm hoping to be wrong though!

sully1311 said:
DonFerrari said:

We will see, I'm hoping to be wrong though!

All hail PS4 first to get to 10M and in a couple weeks.