By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Xbox One Is Doing Extremely Well........

Xbox one will hold a solid  but distant 2nd place this gen...

Around the Network
Puppyroach said:
I agree with the OP regarding the games, and that is all we should care about. Maybe not the best idea to make this thread in a forum with MANY PS fans :P.

It's not about being a Sony fan...it's about facts on the ground.  All you have to do is look up the announced games from both MS and Sony and count them.  They are almost even as far as number of exclusives to be released this year.  If you look at ALL announced games, total, then Sony has the advantage...but, again, it depends on what counts as "exclusive" to you.  Myself, I count all CONSOLE exclusives as exclusives...some don't like to count them if they are released on PC though...others won't count it if it's on PS3 as well as PS4.  Any way you slice it, though, the PS4 currently has DOUBLE the number of games, PLAYABLE RIGHT NOW than the XB1...and that's not even counting the rentals on PS Now.

ZyroXZ2 said:
I don't see the Xbox One beating the hype sales of the PS4, much like the Wii enjoyed. However, among actual gamers who track games, there's no denying the Xbox One has a better holiday lineup. People will buy the PS4 because other people are buying the PS4, but the Xbox One has more exclusives lined up along with having every major multi-platform game as well.

Essentially, going into the holidays, the Xbox One has a better lineup, but it won't matter because the PS4 will sell on the hype train like the Wii did (people buying it because it's the "fad" right now).

And no, that's not me knocking the PS4, lol

It might also in part be due to the 360's less than, er, varied lineup of exclusives during the last chunk of the generation, in comparison to the PS3; if one was looking to purchase a console to invest for the entire generation, they'd wonder exactly how long Microsoft's 'better lineup' would last.

(For the record, not saying that Microsoft WILL go back to that pattern again, but early in the generation, there is probably going to be a hurdle in terms of customer perception they'll have to overcome by avoiding the same pitfalls the 360 fell into, gamewise.)

Zanten, Doer Of The Things

Unless He Forgets In Which Case Zanten, Forgetter Of The Things

Or He Procrascinates, In Which Case Zanten, Doer Of The Things Later

Or It Involves Moving Furniture, in Which Case Zanten, F*** You.

doing fine but no way extremely well...
but lets wait for next year after the holidays to see if its doing extremely well

Normchacho said:
ZyroXZ2 said:
jnemesh said:

The Xbox One has more exclusives?  Um, no, it doesn't.  Go check again.

Xbox One Upcoming Major Releases:

- Forza Horizon 2

- Sunset Overdrive

- Halo: The Master Chief Collection

PS4 Upcoming Major Releases:

- Driveclub

And if you REALLY want to TRY and give the PS4 an extra edge, you can say Little Big Planet 3, but that's ALSO coming to the PS3, hence, not a PS4 exclusive.

All the rest of the major releases coming up are multiplats showing up on both platforms.

So is FH2 and TMCC is a bunch of 360 games...So going by your logic it's Sunset Overdrive vs. Driveclub.

Haha, this.

Thanks jlmurph!

Around the Network

Everything sells well if you compare it to my beloved Vita.

ZyroXZ2 said:
jnemesh said:
ZyroXZ2 said:
I don't see the Xbox One beating the hype sales of the PS4, much like the Wii enjoyed. However, among actual gamers who track games, there's no denying the Xbox One has a better holiday lineup. People will buy the PS4 because other people are buying the PS4, but the Xbox One has more exclusives lined up along with having every major multi-platform game as well.

Essentially, going into the holidays, the Xbox One has a better lineup, but it won't matter because the PS4 will sell on the hype train like the Wii did (people buying it because it's the "fad" right now).

And no, that's not me knocking the PS4, lol

The Xbox One has more exclusives?  Um, no, it doesn't.  Go check again.

- Forza Horizon 2

- Sunset Overdrive

- Driveclub

And if you REALLY want to TRY and give the PS4 an extra edge, you can say Little Big Planet 3, but that's ALSO coming to the PS3, hence, not a PS4 exclusive.  You can apply that to Forza Horizon 2 if you wish, and it still comes out on top!

All the rest of the major releases coming up are multiplats showing up on both platforms.

Edit: Whoops, didn't even finish the first paragraph, lol

So, because a game is on a previous gen console, it doesn't count?  So you shouldn't count Halo then...because it's already available on Xbox and Xbox 360!

Sales will tell the tale here, and LBP 3 is most definitely a highly anticipated game that will sell VERY well (better than Sunset or Forza, just watch!).

Let's not disregard The Last of Us remastered either, which just launched last week. (what did the Xbox One have last week...oh yeah....)

Then there is "Deep Down" (although we might not see that in NA this year), still highly anticipated.

Planetside 2....also highly anticipated.

Infamous: First Light ...yeah, it could be considered DLC, but it's a standalone game, and again, will sell very well.

No Man's Sky....call it what you want, this is one of THE MOST anticipated games coming out this year.

There are others too, but I will just leave with these.  Try arguing your case with facts instead of cherry picking what YOU consider to be "worthy" games.

I know it will be the system that gets the most of my play time this holiday.

ZyroXZ2 said:

- Forza Horizon 2

- Sunset Overdrive

- Driveclub

And if you REALLY want to TRY and give the PS4 an extra edge, you can say Little Big Planet 3, but that's ALSO coming to the PS3, hence, not a PS4 exclusive.

Why exclude LBP3 for having a PS3 version when FH2 is on the 360? :p It's either both or neither. You can also buy Halo 1 Ani, Halo 3, Halo 4 and Halo: Reach brand new for the same price as the MCC. No next gen performance, but that's the same case for FH2 and LBP3. Giving the PS4 an "extra edge" would be including stuff like PlanetSide 2.

I do agree the X1 has a slightly stronger holiday line up, but likewise it's had a weaker non-holiday line up. Overall, 2014 has been equally mediocre for both the PS4 and X1. 2015 should be more interesting.

jnemesh said:

No Man's Sky....call it what you want, this is one of THE MOST anticipated games coming out this year.

No Man's Sky is a 2015 title.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC