By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - China’s Xbox One and games will be totally region locked

D-Joe said:
Tamron said:
D-Joe said:

No,you're the one miss the point,$40 is the highest price for their games,no matter when it released,MS said it,that's it.

And i'm saying CH version won't be higher than 300RMB,not HK version

You realize, 300RMB is $48.53 right?

D-Joe said:

They only one fact in here is you don't even know some games you listed doesn't even have CH version(like Ryse)

Perhaps, re-read.

Tamron said:

Yes, as I have clearly said, theyre the grey imports, and most stores in mainland china that sell them over the counter have shitty hand made signs up offering the chinese versions for preorder, at the same price.

Did I say that they offered ALL of them for preorder in chinese?, no, i said the chinese versions, i.e. the ones that will be available.

So moving back to the point here.

On average, HK versions will "officially" be 3-6$ less than US prices, and may or may not be region locked
On average, CN versions will "officially" be 5-10$ less than US prices, but be region locked

However, "officially" does not in any way garuntee that they will retain that pricing, and there is nothing stopping stores from increasing the prices.

Sorry,no region lock in HK

And compete between store and store always exist,so actually,cheaper is more chance than higher,also RMB249 means $20 cheaper

RMB249 is $40.28, you can buy Forza 5 in the EU and US for around $45 right now.
Sure, some stores still list it as 59.99, but you can simply jump on amazon and pay $42.99 for a new copy indirectly, or $48.50 directly, then for dead rising 3, 36.88 indirectly, 41.79 directly.

That puts the difference in prices between Us and CN versions at $2.99 to $8.50 for forza 5, and -$3.22 to $1.79.

Around the Network
Tamron said:
D-Joe said:
Tamron said:
D-Joe said:

No,you're the one miss the point,$40 is the highest price for their games,no matter when it released,MS said it,that's it.

And i'm saying CH version won't be higher than 300RMB,not HK version

You realize, 300RMB is $48.53 right?

D-Joe said:

They only one fact in here is you don't even know some games you listed doesn't even have CH version(like Ryse)

Perhaps, re-read.

Tamron said:

Yes, as I have clearly said, theyre the grey imports, and most stores in mainland china that sell them over the counter have shitty hand made signs up offering the chinese versions for preorder, at the same price.

Did I say that they offered ALL of them for preorder in chinese?, no, i said the chinese versions, i.e. the ones that will be available.

On average, HK versions will "officially" be 3-6$ less than US prices, and may or may not be region locked
On average, CN versions will "officially" be 5-10$ less than US prices, but be region locked

However, "officially" does not in any way garuntee that they will retain that pricing, and there is nothing stopping stores from increasing the prices.

Sorry,no region lock in HK

And compete between store and store always exist,so actually,cheaper is more chance than higher,also RMB249 means $20 cheaper

RMB249 is $40.28, you can buy Forza 5 in the EU and US for around $45 right now.
Sure, some stores still list it as 59.99, but you can simply jump on amazon and pay $42.99 for a new copy indirectly, or $48.50 directly, then for dead rising 3, 36.88 indirectly, 41.79 directly.

That puts the difference in prices between Us and CN versions at $2.99 to $8.50 for forza 5, and -$3.22 to $1.79.

So?Forza 5 is just example,i can't promise the third party games,but CH version first party games will be RMB249 MAX,even that game release with west at the same time

D-Joe said:
Tamron said:

What else am I supposed to list as a price, games that are not available to buy or OFFICIALLY preorder yet?

The point of the post was to state that the $16-$40 figure is wrong, and it is, as you've been linking to yourself and quoting official pricing for Forza 5, it will be closer to $35-$50.

But it's right,not wrong.

My Forza 5 pre-order page is HK version,not CH version,really,can you read first?

Your HK version links:

And those games in USD:
Forza 5 HK - $46
DR3 HK - $46
Forza Horizon 2 HK - $53
Evolve HK - $50

None of those fit in the $16-$40 range that I said is wrong.

The ONLY official chinese version price we have is 249RMB, which is $40.28, you yourself have stated no game will be over 300RMB, which is $49.

How in the world is that $16-$40 range, when it's clearly $40-$50?

D-Joe said:

So?Forza 5 is just example,i can't promise the third party games,but CH version first party games will be RMB249 MAX,even that game release with west at the same time

So now youre saying 249?

What happened to

D-Joe said:

Why not?and as long as Hong Kong still exist,local store can't be sold ch version games more than RMB300

We'll just have to wait and see for a new first party game release to see if your promise holds any water, wont we.

Tamron said:
D-Joe said:
Tamron said:

What else am I supposed to list as a price, games that are not available to buy or OFFICIALLY preorder yet?

The point of the post was to state that the $16-$40 figure is wrong, and it is, as you've been linking to yourself and quoting official pricing for Forza 5, it will be closer to $35-$50.

But it's right,not wrong.

My Forza 5 pre-order page is HK version,not CH version,really,can you read first?

Your HK version links:

And those games in USD:
Forza 5 HK - $46
DR3 HK - $46
Forza Horizon 2 HK - $53
Evolve HK - $50

None of those fit in the $16-$40 range that I said is wrong.

The ONLY official chinese version price we have is 249RMB, which is $40.28, you yourself have stated no game will be over 300RMB, which is $49.

How in the world is that $16-$40 range, when it's clearly $40-$50?

...The hell?MSHK and MS China are differeny company,MSHK never promise $16-40 range

Around the Network
Tamron said:
D-Joe said:

So now youre saying 249?

What happened to

D-Joe said:

Why not?and as long as Hong Kong still exist,local store can't be sold ch version games more than RMB300

We'll just have to wait and see for a new first party game release to see if your promise holds any water, wont we.

I already said i can't say there is 0% chance some shitty store will listed it RMB300 in first page,but why you buy games from shitty store?

On average, HK versions will "officially" be 3-6$ less than US prices, *1 and may or may not be region locked
On average, HK versions will "officially" be 5-15$ less than US RRP *2

On average, CN versions will "officially" be 5-20$ less than US RRP *2

*1 No solid confirmation given to state yes or no, however so long as the hardware and software are not bound by the same laws as mainland china around requirements to sell, it should be region free, we'll find out for sure soon enough
*2 US RRP remains artificially high on major chain stores such as bestbuy and gamestop, but most online only retailers offer the same titles with up to a $5-$25 discount)

...Again,no region lock for HK version,HK and China's law are way different,like DR3 and Ryse is okay in HK,but not China.

And compete between stores always exist,so yeah,90% sure it will follow 249RRP

Gotta love China and its silly shit!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

D-Joe said:
...Again,no region lock for HK version,HK and China's law are way different,like DR3 and Ryse is okay in HK,but not China.

And compete between stores always exist,so yeah,90% sure it will follow 249RRP
Tamron said:

*1 No solid confirmation given to state yes or no, however so long as the hardware and software are not bound by the same laws as mainland china around requirements to sell, it should be region free, we'll find out for sure soon enough

Have you ever heard of the term, don't count your chickens before they have hatched? Until it officially releases in HK, or until MS make a statement regarding region locking, we cannot 100% rule out the possibility.