By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - China’s Xbox One and games will be totally region locked

D-Joe said:

Lies.

There is no store can pre-order any Xbox One ch games RIGHT NOW,unless it's unscrupulous store

If theyre already selling grey imports that clearly contradict the laws around selling them, then they're obviously unscrupulous to begin with.

Around the Network
Tamron said:
D-Joe said:

And you still think Forza 5 CH version will be 339RMB?

Do you even understand what am i trying to say?You even thought US version Forza 5 is CH version(read above)

You miss the point entirely, i listed current availability prices, i.e. grey imports.

if they drop the price of Forza 5 for the launch then it's simply a drop in the price for the game, and no different from basically giving it away in the US shortly after launch, it does not mean, for a second, that ALL games are going to be priced at that.

And frankly, if $40 usd is the best they can come up with for a launch price for a year old game, that now has the "bonus" of being region locked (thus, not working on the hundreds of thousands of consoles already sold in hk/china), then it really doesn't stay a lot about future game prices.

And you're still skirting around the issue of saying games wont be more than 300RMB, then contradicting your own claim with posts to native release prices that are higher than 300RMB.

No,you're the one miss the point,$40 is the highest price for their games,no matter when it released,MS said it,that's it.

And i'm saying CH version won't be higher than 300RMB,not HK version

Tamron said:
D-Joe said:

Lies.

There is no store can pre-order any Xbox One ch games RIGHT NOW,unless it's unscrupulous store

If theyre already selling grey imports that clearly contradict the laws around selling them, then they're obviously unscrupulous to begin with.

Nope,i'm talking about CH version games,there is no CH version games can pre-order RIGHT NOW

D-Joe said:

Nope,i'm talking about CH version games,there is no CH version games can pre-order RIGHT NOW

Right, keep flip flopping between ch and hk, and rmb and hkd, you'll see for yourself next month anyway.

Tamron said:
D-Joe said:

Right, keep flip flopping between ch and hk, and rmb and hkd, you'll see for yourself next month anyway.

Flip flopping?Could you ctrl+f "300" and see i'm saying ch or hk verison since my first post talking about "300RMB"?

They only one fact in here is you don't even know some games you listed doesn't even have CH version(like Ryse)

Around the Network
D-Joe said:

No,you're the one miss the point,$40 is the highest price for their games,no matter when it released,MS said it,that's it.

You realize, 300RMB is $48.53 right?

D-Joe said:

They only one fact in here is you don't even know some games you listed doesn't even have CH version(like Ryse)

Perhaps, re-read.

Tamron said:

Yes, as I have clearly said, theyre the grey imports, and most stores in mainland china that sell them over the counter have shitty hand made signs up offering the chinese versions for preorder, at the same price.

Did I say that they offered ALL of them for preorder in chinese?, no, i said the chinese versions, i.e. the ones that will be available.

So moving back to the point here.

On average, HK versions will "officially" be 3-6$ less than US prices, and may or may not be region locked
On average, CN versions will "officially" be 5-10$ less than US prices, but be region locked

However, "officially" does not in any way garuntee that they will retain that pricing, and there is nothing stopping stores from increasing the prices.

Tamron said:
D-Joe said:

D-Joe said:

Perhaps, re-read.

Tamron said:

Yes, as I have clearly said, theyre the grey imports, and most stores in mainland china that sell them over the counter have shitty hand made signs up offering the chinese versions for preorder, at the same price.

Did I say that they offered ALL of them for preorder in chinese?, no, i said the chinese versions, i.e. the ones that will be available.

Yeah and?i can't say there is 0% chance some shitty store listed higher than $40(RMB249),but most will be RMB249

And you need to re-read,i say again,no store can pre-order any Xbox One CH version games RIGHT NOW,unless it's unscrupulous store

So what's the point of this post

Tamron said:
Azerth said:
One thing to take into account there games are like $16 to $40 and live is like $30 something. So why they be locked there getting good deals on the game's

Meanwhile, in reality they are priced at:

Battlefield 4 - 329.99 yuan (53usd)
Ryse - 
345.00 yuan (56 usd)
Fighters within - 345.00 yuan (56 usd)
Just Dance 2014 - 380.00 yuan (61 usd)
Forza 5 - 339.00 yuan
 (55 usd)
Assassins creed black flag - 339.99 yuan
 (55 usd)

Tamron said:
D-Joe said:

D-Joe said:

Perhaps, re-read.

Tamron said:

So moving back to the point here.

On average, HK versions will "officially" be 3-6$ less than US prices, and may or may not be region locked
On average, CN versions will "officially" be 5-10$ less than US prices, but be region locked

However, "officially" does not in any way garuntee that they will retain that pricing, and there is nothing stopping stores from increasing the prices.

Sorry,no region lock in HK

And compete between store and store always exist,so actually,cheaper is more chance than higher,also RMB249 means $20 cheaper

D-Joe said:

Tamron said:
Azerth said:
One thing to take into account there games are like $16 to $40 and live is like $30 something. So why they be locked there getting good deals on the game's

Ryse - 
345.00 yuan (56 usd)
Forza 5 - 339.00 yuan
 (55 usd)
 (55 usd)

What else am I supposed to list as a price, games that are not available to buy or OFFICIALLY preorder yet?

The point of the post was to state that the $16-$40 figure is wrong, and it is, as you've been linking to yourself and quoting official pricing for Forza 5, it will be closer to $35-$50.

Tamron said:
D-Joe said:

Tamron said:
Azerth said:

Ryse - 
345.00 yuan (56 usd)
Forza 5 - 339.00 yuan
 (55 usd)
 (55 usd)

What else am I supposed to list as a price, games that are not available to buy or OFFICIALLY preorder yet?

The point of the post was to state that the $16-$40 figure is wrong, and it is, as you've been linking to yourself and quoting official pricing for Forza 5, it will be closer to $35-$50.

But it's right,not wrong.

My Forza 5 pre-order page is HK version,not CH version,really,can you read first?