By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - China’s Xbox One and games will be totally region locked

One might think that Microsoft is suggesting that there is a rampant piracy problem in China.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Probably a smart idea, considering China's censorship policies.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Tamron said:
Azerth said:
One thing to take into account there games are like $16 to $40 and live is like $30 something. So why they be locked there getting good deals on the game's

Meanwhile, in reality they are priced at:

Battlefield 4 - 329.99 yuan (53usd)
Ryse -
345.00 yuan (56 usd)
Fighters within - 345.00 yuan (56 usd)
Just Dance 2014 - 380.00 yuan (61 usd)
Forza 5 - 339.00 yuan
(55 usd)
Assassins creed black flag - 339.99 yuan
(55 usd)

dont know where you got those from http://news.xbox.com/2014/07/xbox-one-launch-in-china-september  the suggested retail price is between 99 to 248 yuan  which is between 16 to 40

Completely stupid. Chine just likes controlling people. I hope they hack the console so they can play whatever they want.

it's probably required. They can probably only release selected games and if they don't have region locking then it would be possible for people to get those non selected games.

Mystro-Sama said:
Completely stupid. Chine just likes controlling people. I hope they hack the console so they can play whatever they want.

You'd be surprised just how much any governemtn likes controlling people. Every country and their government is controlling them to an extent. Som contries are just more apparent than others.

Around the Network

I remember i saw some some chinese gamer yelling something like "OMG you shitty chinese MMO publisher don't touch my console"

Well now they can import the US/HK/TW/JP version XB1 

Yeah this will be a success....where's that chalkboard...

mutantclown said:
Yeah this will be a success....where's that chalkboard...

China isn't on it. Tier 2 countries is though.

Burek said:
And....cross off China from the chalkboard...
Why would anyone buy a more expensive version which is more restrictive....
For Premier league matches and a few movies? I doubt it.

People will just continue to buy black market consoles and games like they currently do.

Read post above

So the middle class will be stuck with an expensive gimped console, while the rich will just sneak in non-China consoles and uncensored games.

Sony and Nintendo will be in the same boat. So it's equal opportunity shittiness for Chinese console gamers. Probably a reason why console gaming will always be shit and low popularity in China for the forseeable future. It's easier for gamers to find workarounds for internet blocking on PCs.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix