By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How I Would Price PSNow ... And You?

1 hour one time trial - Free
1 Week - $7
1 Month - $15

This assumes set rates. I am in favor of tiered pricing per title or sales for older titles. The model above is meant for older games. Maybe Sony surprises and put stuff under a year old on it.

If they did a monthly service?
1 month - $30
3 month - $75
1 year - $200

Around the Network

Just make it subscription based, current rental prices and durations are terrible.

Ka-pi96 said:
generic-user-1 said:
you are all out of ur mind... sony must make money and streaming is a costly thing.
100$ for a gaming flatrate?

Not everybody would use it to it's full extent though. Besides if they price it too high they won't be making money either because no one will be willing to pay for it.

but they have to calculate for a profit, and 100$ a year will surely not turn any profit.

Those look like terrible prices... Possibly worse than the prices they have now... Guess im glad you arent in charge of the psnow pricing...

I think $100 for full access to PSNow titles is pretty much a steal. Think if Steam told people they could just play everything older than say 2 years for $100 a year. It doesn't make sense.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

Around the Network

2.99 for 1 day rental
5.99 and 6.99 for 1 week rental
9.99 to 14.99 for 1 month rental
20 a month for a subscription limited to 10 games of your choice per month

anything cheaper than this is a fantasy

OP's pricing is already A LOT better than Sony's.

OP's single game pricing makes no sense
2, 5, 10, 15 hours? Wtf...
and there can't be an "unlimited" ("buy") option, that'd remove any profit from PS now.

Veknoid_Outcast said:

I'm still trying to wrap my mind around Playstation Now and its pricing model, and how it works in an ecosystem that already includes Playstation Plus.

But here's my take:

$5 for a week-long rental or $60 per year for unlimited access.

this

generic-user-1 said:
Ka-pi96 said:
generic-user-1 said:
you are all out of ur mind... sony must make money and streaming is a costly thing.
100$ for a gaming flatrate?

Not everybody would use it to it's full extent though. Besides if they price it too high they won't be making money either because no one will be willing to pay for it.

but they have to calculate for a profit, and 100$ a year will surely not turn any profit.

that's because you keep assuming streaming costs are a "costly thing"