By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Something PC gamers say that is ridiculous

AZWification said:

Port begging can be pretty damn annoying, so it's great to see that GAF mods take action when someone begs for ports!

Yeah. Its really annoying. It feels like someone wants to steal the thing which only you are entitled to get.

Around the Network

Honestly, this whole peasants and master race thing might have started out as a joke, but the same quote that is often used to describe the "downfall" of 4chan, describes this situation quite well too.

When it started, most people probably only used it as a joke but by now a ton of people use it seriously.

I mean just go to this subreddit sometime, it's ridiculous.

http://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/

DerNebel said:

Honestly, this whole peasants and master race thing might have started out as a joke, but the same quote that is often used to describe the "downfall" of 4chan, describes this situation quite well too.

When it started, most people probably only used it as a joke but by now a ton of people use it seriously.

I mean just go to this subreddit sometime, it's ridiculous.

http://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/

Really pathetic. But we are always treated well because of our master sony / microsoft / nintendo. I dont mind that term as long as they get jealous.

daredevil.shark said:
AZWification said:

I honestly think most PC gamers use that word just to fuck around with console gamers..

And we F with them with exclusive games.

And fuck with each other, look at the Bayonetta 2 and Scalebound threads. Plenty of console gamers beg for ports that isn't just a PC gamer thing so much as anyone who doesn't own every platform problem.

Oo course most platform agnostic gamers naturally want games on the best platform available so naturally there will be more people asking for games to come to that platform. I mean there is no point asking for ports to a worse platform now is there?

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

zarx said:

Oo course most platform agnostic gamers naturally want games on the best platform available so naturally there will be more people asking for games to come to that platform. I mean there is no point asking for ports to a worse platform now is there?

1. Its not their right. If they want to have an exclusive game then they should make it by themselves. Or call valve or whomever to make.

2. I am referring the bullys who think it is their birth right to play all games. Lol. How pathetic they are.

3. Worse platform? Ok. PC is the best platform. We all have already accepted it. Any problem?

Around the Network

That Descartes quote fits the pc mastuh race well, and that subreddit is just sad man. People hugging and caressing their fucking computers? Dunno whether to pity them or be scared there actually are people taking this hobby so seriously. I game on pc nowadays until the avalanche of games arrive on ps4 starting from september.

If anyone is interested in the psychological side of things, these people might have a problem in their heads according to Adler:

"If a person is a show-off it is only because she or he feels inferior, because she or he does not feel strong enough to compete with others on the useful side of life. That is why she or he stays on the useless side. She or he is not in harmony with society. It seems to be a trait of human nature that when individuals - both children and adults - feel weak, they want to solve the problems of life in such a way as to obtain personal superiority without any admixture of social interest. A superiority complex is a second phase. It is a compensation for the inferiority [feeling] complex."[3]

"The superiority complex is one of the ways that a person with an inferiority complex may use as a method of escape from her or his difficulties. She or he assumes that she or he is superior when she or he is not, and this false success compensates her or him for the state of inferiority which she or he cannot bear. The normal person does not have a superiority complex, she or he does not even have a sense of superiority. She or he has the striving to be superior in the sense that we all have ambition to be successful; but so long as this striving is expressed in work it does not lead to false valuations, which are at the root of mental disease."

These people are mostly frustrated because of bad ports, no Japanese games and no exclusive games like The Last of Us or what Nintendo makes. No game show is dedicated to them. You see them making petitions and begging every developer to make pc games for them. Missing out on so many games, they try to hide their inferiority feelings by participating in this silly nonsense that they are better than people who game on consoles.

Most PC gamers don't know it, but the actual Master Race are the console gamers, who do you think is pushing the game industry ? or better yet who are the ones who created this industry almost as big as the Hollywod bussiness ?

CONSOLES!,

The boom started with console like Intellivision, Colecovision, NES, SNES, N64, Jaguar, 3DO, Phillips thing I don't remember :D, PSX, PS2, PS3, xbox, Gamecube, Xbox, xbox 360, Wii, Gameboy, Virtual Boy, Gamegear, 32x, Sega Genesis, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast. PSP, Vita. just to name a few ;)

So there you have it, like it or not PC gamers(i'm a PC gamer too). Consoles were the reason of why the Game Industry is this freaking huge. If the PC were alone on try to achieve this game industry of what we know it, it would never make it, it would be somekind of cult, like 3dfx or Vodoo of the 90s, those cards were almost nonexistent to the general public.

Nvidia and AMD should be greatful for like ever for the existence of the console market.

And yes Consoles too should be greatfull for the PC market too, in the end a videogame is created on a PC ;), but who is pushing the envelope ?  consoles.

Ponyless said:

Honestly for all this talk about how pc gamers act elitist and such, overwhelmingly it's console gamers who act like that. The peasant thing has always been a joke and it's mostly used on pc gamers by other pc gamers.

Like if you go on IGN and you see the comments towards Dota/LoL there's an insane amount of animosity towards it, treating it how their parents treated their video games when they were little. Or how a decent amount of the online PS4 community talks down to X1/Wii u owners for not having good enough hardware, Give me 60 fps or give me death. Or having them say something stupid as hell like sony being the only way third parties could prosper while steam being the death of them.

Seen more console gamers talk down to one another more in one day than i seen serious talking down to by the PC community in 10 years.

Amen to that brother.

petroleo said:

Most PC gamers don't know it, but the actual Master Race are the console gamers, who do you think is pushing the game industry ? or better yet who are the ones who created this industry almost as big as the Hollywod bussiness ?

CONSOLES!,

The boom started with console like Intellivision, Colecovision, NES, SNES, N64, Jaguar, 3DO, Phillips thing I don't remember :D, PSX, PS2, PS3, xbox, Gamecube, Xbox, xbox 360, Wii, Gameboy, Virtual Boy, Gamegear, 32x, Sega Genesis, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast. PSP, Vita. just to name a few ;)

So there you have it, like it or not PC gamers(i'm a PC gamer too). Consoles were the reason of why the Game Industry is this freaking huge. If the PC were alone on try to achieve this game industry of what we know it, it would never make it, it would be somekind of cult, like 3dfx or Vodoo of the 90s, those cards were almost nonexistent to the general public.

Nvidia and AMD should be greatful for like ever for the existence of the console market.

And yes Consoles too should be greatfull for the PC market too, in the end a videogame is created on a PC ;), but who is pushing the envelope ?  consoles.

You pretty much nailed it. Also chek this. Very similar to your comment.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=186876

im a console peasant :(