By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2014: New England Patriots Win Super Bowl XLIX

Who will win the Super Bowl?

Who cares? 41 36.61%

That AFC team. 29 25.89%

That NFC team. 5 4.46%

Hahaha, not the Packers! 25 22.32%

See Results. 9 8.04%

Total:109

Rooting for the Seahawks, also hoping there will be 2 100 yard rushers in this game so I can win some easy coins in Madden 15

Around the Network

3 more days.
Croatia is represented by:
Bill Belichick
Rob Ninkovich
and
Pete Carroll, who I just found out is 50% Croat (his mother is Croatian).

Funny ass Clueless Gamer with Lynch and Gronk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNpkSyryQz4&x-yt-ts=1422503916&x-yt-cl=85027636

Breaking News: NFL can confirm that video footage positively identifies the New England Patriots as the lone gunmen on the Grassy Knoll.

Nintendo smack talking the Patriots and promoting Lynch XD

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Around the Network
OfficerRaichu15 said:
Nintendo smack talking the Patriots and promoting Lynch XD

LOL this can not be real XD

Survivor Millennial vs Gen X!!

RolStoppable said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

Funny ass Clueless Gamer with Lynch and Gronk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNpkSyryQz4&x-yt-ts=1422503916&x-yt-cl=85027636

Eh, that was rather meh. Plus Mortal Kombat X's animations look awkward, so it's business as usual. The game is simply too bad to be suited for Clueless Gamer.

The game was whatever, but I thought Lynch and Gronk were pretty funny.

The winning coach will get a trip back home to Croatia!

http://www.forbes.com/sites/alexandrakirkman/2015/01/30/who-cares-whos-going-to-disney-world-the-winning-coach-of-super-bow-2015-is-headed-to-croatia/

(The city in the picture is my hometown).

Miguel_Zorro said:
This is by far the toughest game of the playoffs to predict. None of the games to date have been surprising. Even the Denver/Indy upset was somewhat predictable the way Manning was playing late in the season. It was more that the correct strategy was to pick Denver because everybody else was going to pick them too. But Seattle/New England is a toss up.

I hope that this game is extremely hard for you to predict, if you know what I mean.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Per Ian Rappaport of NFL.com, additional details on the Deflated Balls thing:

"Prior to the game, a game-day worker employed by the Patriots, a man described as elderly, took two bags of 12 footballs (one bag from each team) into the restroom near the referees' room in Gillette Stadium. The man was in the room for 98 seconds. When he exited the room, he took the balls to the field. There is video of the man entering and exiting the bathroom, but it's unclear if there is a clear shot inside the restroom."

" Eleven of the 12 footballs used in the first half were judged by the officials to be under the minimum of 12.5 PSI, but just one was two pounds under. Many of them were just a few ticks under the minimum."

Another interesting tidbit though:

"Many of the footballs used in the AFC title game, which all have Walt Anderson's initials on them, were returned to circulation among the rest of the Patriots game-day footballs. Because Anderson was the referee for two other Patriots games this season, there are more than 30 footballs with his initials in the team's possession. It appears the league has the football D'Qwell Jackson intercepted and took to the sidelines to ultimately hand over to his equipment staff."